RAC303. EARNINGS. AQHA will only record the following as total money earned in the Official AQHA Race Record:
- RAC303.1 Purse earnings reported in the race results chart; and
- RAC303.2 Bonus earnings, including annuity awards, that are:
- RAC303.2.1 paid to the owner(s) of a horse as a result of the horse’s performance in a specific race or series of races that are not included in the actual purse of the race(s) but are paid through the horseman’s bookkeeper (in the case of a series of races, paid through the horseman’s bookkeeper at the track where the last leg of the series was held); and
- RAC303.2.2 reported in the race results chart.
- RAC303.3 Bonus earnings will be recorded separately from purse earnings, and an annotation will appear on materials such as Champions Balloting specifying that the horse’s total earnings include a particular amount of bonus earnings.
- RAC303.4 Bonus earnings in the form of an annuity award will be recorded as the cash value of the annuity on the date the award was earned, whether or not the owner receives the award as a lump sum or in periodic payments. In the event an owner receives an annuity award in periodic payments, the determination of the cash value of the annuity on the date the award was earned shall be in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- RAC303.5 AQHA records all monetary amounts reported as part of race results (purses, bonus earnings, claiming prices, wagering pool, payoffs, etc.) in U.S. funds.