bLucas Oil AQHA World Championship Show Last-Minute Reminders
Lucas Oil AQHA World Championship Show Last-Minute Reminders
The 2019 Lucas Oil AQHA World Championship Show is almost here! Competitors from around the world are gearing up for the event November 7-23 in Oklahoma City. We’re certain that there are a lot of items on your to-do list to get ready for the show of the year.
Make sure our to-do list is part of your list, as you prepare for the show:
- Move-in begins at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, November 6.
- Enter Gate 5 off May Avenue and proceed to the inspection station to present your horses' health certificates, Coggins (EIA lab test) and registration certificates. The inspection station is open 24 hours and there is a staging area east of the inspection station for trailers to line up in order of arrival.
- Start unloading. Beginning on Wednesday, November 6, you'll have one hour to park and move in on Barn Row and the East side of the Super Barn.
- Stalls were pre-assigned per the stall request form submitted at the time of entry and are posted here. If you haven't pre-ordered shavings yet, call the Oklahoma City Fairgrounds directly at 405-948-6786.
- Pick up your back number and entry packet from the show office. You must present a copy of your horse's registration certificate. The show office opens at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, November 6, and Thursday, November 7. Starting Friday, November 8, the show office opens daily, one hour before the start of the show.
- Watch this helpful video for additional move-in tips.
- Review the qualifier's handbook where answers to many show-specific questions can be found.
- Subscribe to the texting service for important show updates. To enroll, text AQHA to 806-576-0913.
- Please check the tentative schedule for changes.
- Patterns, stall charts and the exercise schedule are posted. Working orders will be posted soon at www.aqha.com/worldshow.
- Check out these special events including a match team roping between world champions Chad Masters and Joseph Harrison vs. J.D. Yates and Trey Yates at 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 9.
- Check out the Nutrena Ride the Pattern schedule and get ready to learn from AQHA Professional Horsemen.
- Support the AQHA Professional Horsemen’s Crisis Fund Online Auction, November 17-21. Bidding opens at 9 a.m. Central time on November 17 and closes at 7 p.m. on November 21.
- Earn money for your AQHA Ranching Heritage-bred horse. The owners of the highest-placing amateur and open RHB horses at the Lucas Oil World will each receive $250, plus a trophy. The breeders also receive $250. There's no entry fee. To find out if your horse was bred by an AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeder, check this list of breeders or stop by the AQHA booth in the Trade Show. RHB horses are noted in the class entry list in the program.
- Exhibitors will receive a free digital file of their performance, courtesy of AQHA. Official show videographer Equine Promotion will automatically email exhibitors a link to their run so they can download and share it on social media. This is free; no signup is necessary. There are also a variety of video options for purchase, too. Visit the Equine Promotion booth to update your email address or to purchase additional footage.
If You Haven't Already:
- Rent your stall mat from Elite Stall Mat Rentals.
- Reserve your golf car from Metro Golf Cars.
- Confirm your hotel reservation.
- Reserve your RV space.
- Before hitting the road, don't forget to check your tires. AQHA Members receive $100 off a set of KOA tires through BFGoodrich.
Looking forward to seeing you in OKC – safe travels!