The 78th renewal of the historic Oklahoma Futurity will be conducted on Saturday, March 23 at Remington Park. The Grade 2 event headlines a 12-race program with seven stakes races and total combined purses of $1,271,228.
The Oklahoma Futurity features 2-year-olds who qualified for the 300-yard event on Saturday, March 9. Always Charging has been tabbed as the morning-line favorite by odds-maker Jerry Shottenkirk. Owned by Reliance Ranches of Guthrie, Oklahoma, and trained by Mike Robbins, Always Charging is at 5-2 odds and will be ridden by Stormy Smith.
Always Charging received slight morning-line favoritism ahead of the top qualifier EC Revenge who is the second-choice at 3-1 in the morning line. EC Revenge is owned by Elizabeth Logan of Haskell, Okla., and is trained by Dee Keener. Jockey James Flores has the mount on EC Revenge.
The field for the Oklahoma Futurity, by post position and program order, with trainer, jockey and morning-line odds:
- Rrelentless: Gregg Sanders, Jesus Olivas, 20-1
- Always Charging: Mike Robbins, Stormy Smith, 5-2 (morning-line favorite)
- TF Kates TLC: Roberto Treto, Ramiro Garcia, 8-1
- Separate Party: Sammy Valdivia, Juan Pulido, 12-1
- Pepper Ryan: Heath Taylor, Randy Edison, 5-1
- DF Zookie Cookie: James Padgett, Rodrigo Vallejo, 20-1
- Clean Brew: Guillermo Valdivia, Manuel Gutierrez, 20-1
- EC Revenge: Dee Keener, James Flores, 3-1
- Sizzling Fajita: Clint Crawford, Esgar Ramirez, 12-1
- Southern Fast Succes: Trey Wood, Ricky Ramirez, 6-1
The Oklahoma Futurity, started in 1947, is the longest-running futurity in the sport of American Quarter Horse Racing. The race moved to Remington Park in 2006. It will be the 11th race on Saturday with an approximate post time of 10:29 p.m.
The other stakes races on Saturday night include:
- Race 6: $157,578 Oklahoma Paint/Appaloosa Futurity, 300 yards, 8:15 p.m.
- Race 7: $50,000 Oklahoma Juvenile, 300 yards, 8:42 p.m.
- Race 8: $50,000 Eastex Stakes, 350 yards, 9:09 p.m.
- Race 9: $50,000 Decketta Stakes, 350 yards, 9:35 p.m.
- Race 10: $255,750 Oklahoma Derby, 350 yards, 10:01 p.m.
- Race 12: $223,250 Speedhorse Graham Paint/Appaloosa Derby, 350 yards, 10:57 p.m.
Remington Park racing takes place Thursday thru Sunday this week, March 21-24. The first race nightly is at 6 p.m. with Sunday afternoon racing at 1:30 p.m. All times Central.
Tracked by more than 150,000 fans on Facebook and more than 9,800 Twitter followers, Remington Park has provided more than $215 Million to the State of Oklahoma general education fund since the opening of the casino in 2005. Home to the historic Grade 2 Oklahoma Futurity, to be run for the 78th time on March 23, 2019, Remington Park is located at the junction of Interstates 35 & 44, in the heart of the Oklahoma City Adventure District. For more information, reservations and group bookings please call 405-424-1000, 866-456-9880 or visit remingtonpark.com.
AQHA News and information is a service of the American Quarter Horse Association. For more news and information, follow @AQHARacing on Twitter, “like” Q-Racing on Facebook and visit www.aqha.com/racing.