Ten Reasons to Attend AQHA’s Convention
Ten Reasons to Attend AQHA’s Convention
All American Quarter Horse Association and American Quarter Horse Youth Association members are invited to attend the AQHA convention each year as a way to stay involved with the horse industry, meet fellow horse enthusiasts, have an impact on decisions, voice opinions and stay current on the most exciting happenings within the Association. The annual AQHA convention provides an unparalleled opportunity for members to celebrate the largest equine breed registry in the world.
While more than 1,000 members converge on AQHA convention each year, AQHA leadership would love to see an even larger number of members take part in this important event. After all, it is AQHA members who lead the charge toward changes that make our Association – and our industry – better.
Watch a quick video that explains how AQHA members can create and submit proposed rule changes.
Here are the 10 reasons we hope to see you March 8-11 at the 2019 AQHA Convention in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Let your voice be heard. There are numerous opportunities during convention to share your opinions, including at the general membership meeting and in committee meetings.
- Learn more about how rules are made at AQHA. Even though the deadline to submit rule-change proposals for the 2019 convention was December 31, 2018, your input is encouraged and taken into consideration when decisions are being made. Committee agendas are available online at www.aqha.com/convention. Be sure to check out what’s on the agendas for the AQHA standing committees.
- Guest Speakers. Join AQHA at the general membership meeting on March 9. We are excited to have industry icon Red Steagall and American Quarter Horse Hall of Famer D. Wayne Lukas as our guest speakers at this year’s general membership meeting.
- Special recognitions. We will recognize the winners of the 2018 Zoetis AQHA Best Remuda, AQHA International Best Remuda and Ranching Heritage Breeder of the Year awards, along with our Professional Horseman and Horsewoman of the Year and Most Valuable Professional awards during the general membership meeting on March 9.
- Education. AQHA provides numerous opportunities for education and growth, especially for the professionals in our industry, including the Equine Industry Business Workshop on March 8.
- Hall of Fame banquet. This elegant event on March 10, honors the inductees to the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame and is a touching evening of heartfelt stories about the individuals and horses who make a difference in our Association. Read about the Hall of Fame Class of 2019.
- Involvement. Numerous committees meet during convention, and all AQHA members are invited to sit in on the committee meetings and offer feedback. Only committee members are allowed to vote on actions, therefore we encourage AQHA members to get involved on the committee level.
- Fellowship. Convention is an amazing reason to dress up and enjoy a stellar event – including great food and entertainment – with fellow horsemen and your friendly AQHA staff. You won’t want to miss the Boot Scootin’ Foundation, featuring Asleep at the Wheel, hosted by the American Quarter Horse Foundation and underwritten by Jana and Johnny Trotter and the Amon G. Carter Foundation, on March 9.
- Wine Tasting. Relax, unwind and enjoy a selection of wines and light hors d’oeuvres from 2 to 4 p.m. on March 9 at the Wine Thief, conveniently located in the Omni Fort Worth Hotel adjacent to Bob’s Steak & Chop House. The cost of the wine tasting is $40 per person.
- Horse Farm Tour. North Texas Horse Country has one of the largest concentrations of horse farms in the United States, from large breeding farms to training facilities, making this a mecca for horse enthusiasts from all over the world. During your guided tour, you will enjoy beautiful vistas and relaxing backroads and will see miles of pipe-and-rail fence, gorgeous countryside, impressive barns and lots and lots of horses. The Horse Farm Tour is 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on March 7. The tour is $45 per person and includes lunch.
Mark your calendars now for the 2019 AQHA Convention, March 8-11 at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel in Fort Worth, Texas. Book your hotel room and airport transportation today.
Registration and more details are available at www.aqha.com/convention.