Hacks That Will Make Your Barn Seriously Organized
Keeping your barn organized can be a hassle, but we've got a few tricks up our sleeve.
By Holly Wilson, fall 2016 AQHA communications and digital marketing intern | September 28, 2016
You’re back after a long day out on the ranch, and you step into your tack room to put your things away. Despite there being a perfectly good place on the top rack for your saddle, you set it on the ground, right next to your bell boots and saddle blanket. There’s more tack laying around, and grooming supplies litter the perimeter. So, it’s no big deal.
We’ve all been there. Sometimes it can be hard to find your fly spray or that show blanket you need for this weekend. But, there’s no need to fear! Consult this list of six hacks to make (and keep) your barn seriously organized.
- Feed storage: Using oversized bins with lids can protect and preserve the life of your grains and supplements, plus keep critters out!
- Hose hanger: Tired of tripping over your wash rack hose? We are, too! Use a coat hanger and some plastic chain to keep it up and out of the aisleway.
- Saddle racks: When you’re taking down trees in your front yard, turn them into rustic looking saddle racks!
- Bit storage: Outfit an old shower curtain rod to hold all of your bits! Using the hooks allows you easy access to each and every one.
- Blanket rack: PVC pipe is cheap and durable, and it’s also the perfect component of a blanket rack!
- Boot storage: Done with your old clothing divider? Great! Now you’ve got a place to store your bell boot addiction, complete with dividing sections.
For more barn hacks, follow AQHA on Pinterest!