Five Reasons to Love Reba as the ACM Awards Host
Whether you’re a country music fan or not, here are just a few reasons to get excited to see the one and only Reba McEntire hosting the 2018 Academy of Country Music Awards.
By Lauren Moore, 2018 AQHA spring digital media and communications intern | April 12, 2018
We know we don’t have to write a blog about all of the reasons to love one of the queens of country music, but we’re going to anyway. Whether you love country music or not, there are many reasons to be excited that Reba is hosting one of the biggest award shows of the year.
1. She’s a sure enough cowgirl. Growing up on a ranch in Oklahoma with her World Champion Steer Roper father already should be enough to convince anyone Reba knows country life. When she was younger, Reba ran barrels and now just rides for pleasure, but how cool is it that she actually is a part of the horse world?
2. She’s humble. Reba was young when she discovered her passion for music and singing. Her dad’s connection with the National Finals Rodeo got her the opportunity to sing the national anthem in 1974, and the rest is history. The thing is, she hasn’t changed from the girl that sang the national anthem 44 years ago. She still has a passion for music that hasn’t changed with the fame and has stuck to her true country roots for all these years.
3. She wears Justin Boots. Need we say more? Her Reba by Justin™ line shows not only that she loves the company and their boots, but also that she has her own style and isn’t afraid to let everyone know about it.
4. She is hilarious. Along with her talents as a singer, Reba is also quite the actress. Her show named after her, “Reba,” is a good look into how Reba is on a normal basis. Her true-to-life humor and passion for family are evident throughout the show. You can’t help but love it.
5. She truly loves country music. Although the country music industry has certainly changed since she started her career, her support for the industry has never waivered. Reba’s voice and her songs will always be a classic to any country music lover, and the fact that she still believes in the genre makes fans love it that much more.