Eight Reasons American Quarter Horses are the Best
It’s no wonder the American Quarter Horse is the world’s most popular breed.
January 4, 2018
The American Quarter Horse Association is the world’s largest equine breed registry, and with registered American Quarter Horses in almost every country, it’s no small wonder that the American Quarter Horse is the world’s favorite horse.
But why exactly does world love the American Quarter Horses?
- They help relieve stress! American Quarter Horses are known for their level-headedness, dependability and versatility. If you want to relax and take in nature’s beauty on a trail ride, astride an American Quarter Horse is the way to do it. Whether you want to relax on a trail ride or get an adrenaline rush as you race around barrels, you can do both aboard an American Quarter Horse.
- They make great companions. American Quarter Horses are sweet and personable, and they make the perfect friend to tell your secrets to.
- They’re incredibly versatile. AmericanQuarter Horse all-stars compete in everything from rodeo events like barrel racing and team roping to Olympic events such as jumping, eventing, dressage and reining.
- American Quarter Horses embody the enduring spirit of American history. No joke – American Quarter Horses had a major influence as war horses, work partners in farming and transportation, and the iconic cattle drives of the American West. The breed’s roots are actually from Colonial America, when colonists would race their horses through town, whose streets were usually about a quarter-mile long.
- They radiate beauty. From their curious ears, bright eyes, carefully crafted heads and balanced bodies, American Quarter Horses are quite the sight to behold. And when you see them performing daring stops and spins, soaring over fences or blazing by at speeds in excess of 40 mph, it’s poetry in motion.
- Their temperaments make them wonderful therapy horses. An American Quarter Horse’s calm, relaxed demeanor allows the breed to excel as therapy horses and helps people through equine-assisted activities and therapies.
- They promote community involvement. Owning an American Quarter Horse opens up an entire community where you can develop leadership skills, apply for scholarships, and compete or ride with other American Quarter Horse enthusiasts around the world.
- Let’s be honest – have you ridden one? They are pretty amazing.