10 Must-Follow Horsey Instagram Accounts
Here are a few accounts that will brighten up your Instagram feed.
By Lauren Moore, 2018 Spring AQHA digital media and communications intern | March 22, 2018
Social media is a controversial enigma that the world can’t seem to live without. Some people think there’s too much of it and that we’ve lost sight of what’s really important. Some see the beauty it brings to the world. Whatever your opinions, more than likely you partake in some form of social media. Here are just a few Instagram accounts, in no particular order, that we think are must-follows if you love horses.
1. Jenn Z. If you want a first-hand look of what it’s like to live on a South Dakota cattle ranch, @thesdcowgirl is the account for you to follow. Beautiful photos and real-life accounts of ranch life are what you’ll find on her page!
2. Adrian Brannan. If you’re having a bad day or just need a little pick-me-up, @buckarooogirlofficial is a must-follow. Her inspirational words help even on your worst days, and her page is simply a positive light in what sometimes seems like a dark world. She also posts really cool photos, so that’s a plus.
3. Chris Dickinson. If you are an aspiring photographer, @cdphotog is the page for you. Not only are the photographs incredible, but the account also gives workshops and advice for photographers who want to hone their craft. How cool is that?
4. GoHorseShow. If you want updates on all of your favorite horse shows, @gohorseshow is exactly what you’ve been looking for.
5. Fallon Taylor. If you don’t know who @fallontaylor2 is, you’ve been missing out. Not only is she a superstar barrel racer and horse-mom to Flos Heiress, aka “BabyFlo,” she is also inspirational and always wants you to be yourself.
6. Kirstie Marie Photography. If you love looking at phenomenal photos of horses and their people, you’ve come to the right place. @kirsteeemarie captures the beautiful bond between horses and their riders while creating photos that are more than pleasing to the eye.
7. Brianna Bigbee. @thebleacherbabe is a must-follow account if you love everything western: fashion, quotes, lifestyle and more. Not only is she beautiful, but she is a genuine woman who doesn’t try to sugarcoat her life and make it seem perfect; you have to respect that!
8. Scott Slusher. I know, another photography page. But when you take a look at @slusherphoto’s work, you’ll understand. The rough, western edge he gives photos and the eccentric touch make them one of a kind and impossible to look away from.
9. Teal Blake. Truly talented artists seem to be few and far between these days. But @tealcokeblake is one of those rare talents. If you love art, check out his page, and you’ll want a piece for yourself.
10. Brooklyn McIntosh. There are many places around the country where you can buy hats, of course, but not many places where you can buy custom. @ladywarbonnet of War Bonnet Hat Works is the place to go if you want a beautiful, one-of-a-kind custom hat. What’s better than being unique and supporting a family-run business?