10 Memes That Describe Summer With Horses
When school is out of session and the weather gets warm, things can get crazy at times. Here are a few memes we found that we think perfectly sum up having horses in the summer.
By Lauren Moore, 2018 spring AQHA digital marketing and communications intern | May 31, 2018
If you have horses, you know how crazy life can be. And even crazier is how owning horses changes from season to season. Some seasons like winter are a little slower - thanks, shortened daylight and cold weather. However, all of that changes when summer comes around. When the last day of school is over and the sun is out, the fun times start. Here are just a few memes we think are spot on when it comes to summer with horses.
1. If there is one thing I think we can all agree on, it’s that horses are expensive. We sacrifice being able to go on beautiful, tropical vacations to have horses. But we all know it’s worth it.
2. Have you ever heard of the game “Hungry Hungry Hippos”? Well, we think it should be Hungry Hungry Horses considering the amazing amount of food these animals can eat.
3. I might be speaking for myself, but as a kid, I always got excited driving by a pasture and seeing the horses out grazing. Did you feel the same? Or is it just me …?
4. What’s better than swimming in the horse tank in hot weather?
5. If only all horseflies were that precious.
6. Us horse people stick together, so we know when school ends for the summer it’s not the end of the friendship. There will be playdays, horse shows and riding days all summer where us and our horses can hang out.
7. Unlike us, horses seem to not enjoy being clean. So no matter how many times we wish they will stay clean after their bath, we know deep inside they never will. Oh well, you gotta love them for it.
8. Father’s Day is in June so naturally we spend the day with our dads. Also, it’s natural that we get on our dads’ nerves.
9. When the weather is hot, we obviously want to play outside. Hide-and-seek, tag, and the always popular peek-a-boo. Although, I don’t think we’ll be as cute playing that as this little guy is.
10. I know we’ve already talked about giving horses baths, but it’s worth talking about twice. I think of all of these memes, this one might be the most relatable. There’s nothing that makes you more mad than seeing your horse you just bathed rolling on the ground. Oh well, it happens to the best of us.