Best of Performance Horse Journal: Barrel Racing
Some of the industry’s best barrel racers share their secrets to success in this FREE e-book.
Enter your information below to Download the Best of Performance Horse Journal: Barrel Racing E-Book
When it comes to training a barrel horse, the best approach is to recognize that the horse is as much an athlete as the person in the saddle.
A barrel horse needs the same care and compassion that a human athlete needs. The most important thing is to build discipline, trust and confidence. Without them, a horse cannot give his rider his absolute best. He might be good – but he could be great.
Best of Performance Horse Journal: Barrel Racing shares barrel racing insights and advice from some of the industry’s best barrel racers.
- Barrel horses who learn to love their job run through the in-gate seeking the object of their desire. Multiple Wrangler National Finals Rodeo (NFR) qualifier Stevi Hillman shares how she keeps her horses’ infatuation alive.
- Although a few quick changes have helped Sue Smith win major events, she has a simple barrel horse shoeing program that promotes balance and speed.
- Ashley Schafer, a qualifier to RFD-TV’s The American rodeo, shares her spiraling exercise that uses a fourth barrel to increase a horse’s reach and fluidity, putting the rider in a better position to cue the horse.
- When $1.5 million barrel futurity winner Jolene Montgomery takes on a prospect, it’s her four other criteria she’s keen to develop. Find out what makes a good barrel horse in Jolene’s eyes.
- World champion Mary Burger offers 10 tips every rider can use to improve his or her barrel racing runs.
These articles originally appeared in AQHA’s Performance Horse Journal, but you have the opportunity to down these five articles in the FREE e-book, Best of Performance Horse Journal: Barrel Racing.
If you’ve been looking for the secrets to barrel racing success, you’ll want to download this FREE e-book, featuring barrel horse training exercises and drills from leading barrel racers.
On the cover is Stevi Hillman and 2017 AQHA-WPRA Horse of the Year runner-up MCM Imasharpguy, aka “Sharpie.” Stevi is one of five professionals who share barrel horse training advice in Best of Performance Horse Journal: Barrel Racing. Other experts included in this FREE e-book are Sue Smith, Ashley Schafer, Jolene Montgomery and the legendary Mary Burger.
Get on track to becoming a better barrel racer and download Best of Performance Horse Journal: Barrel Racing today.
About the Performance Horse Journal
This bi-monthly magazine is dedicated to barrel racing, roping, reining, cutting, cow horse and western performance events.
Performance Horse Journal subscribers can look forward to hands-on training articles and judging insights; intriguing stories about breeders and influential bloodlines; insightful health, breeding and management articles; plus official show coverage from AQHA’s world championship shows.