Meet Your Equestrian Fitness Goals
Reach your New Year’s resolution of becoming a stronger rider.
January 31, 2016
Have you vowed that 2016 is the year you become a better, stronger, more-fit rider? AQHA and The American Quarter Horse Journal have you covered with great tips for achieving your New Year’s resolutions.
Take a look at our great resources for better fitness, in and out of the saddle.
- 12 Yoga Tips for Equestrians: These yoga stretches and concepts are a great warm-up before you swing your leg over the saddle.
- Seven Drills for Correct Riding Position: These exercises will help you perfect your alignment in the saddle.
- Six Exercises to Improve Strength, Rhythm and Balance: These moves will help you develop a secure seat, strong legs and incredible rhythm aboard your horse.
Are you looking for more articles to improve your equestrian fitness and horseback riding overall? Subscribe to the American Quarter Horse Journal today for tips and advice!
- Improving Your Endurance in the Saddle: This advice aims at your core muscle strength, so you can post your horse’s trot without tiring quickly.
- Yoga Breathing Exercises: These tips are easy to perform in the saddle and will calm your horse-showing nerves.
- Q-Fit E-Book: Free to Journal subscribers, this detailed E-Book helps you stretch, strengthen and tone your riding muscles for a winning ride in the show pen.