2011 Ford Youth World Preview
A look at winners from past years, and what’s ahead for the 2011 Built Ford Tough Youth World Championship Show.
July 12, 2011
This year’s Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show is predicted to be bigger and better than ever.
Noteworthy this year are discounts at local water and theme parks, and the ever-popular AQHYA Variety Show.
Also available will be a worship service at 10:30 a.m. August 7 in the Sales Pavilion. The service is sponsored by CHAMPS – Christian Horseman Announcing the Message of the Precious Savior.
Check out the AQHA Discount Card. For only $20, you can save big with vendors such as Quarter Horse Outfitters, Tener’s, Shorty’s Caboy Hattery, Davis Western Tradin’ Company and many more.
White Water Bay and Frontier City are Oklahoma City’s go-to places for fun. Both are offering special rates for AQHYA members so that you can dust off the dirt and go have a blast on any of the parks’ rides.
Tickets are available at the AQHA booth and are 40 percent off the regular price. Tickets will be $18.50 per person to make a big splash at the water park or scream yourself hoarse on a rollercoaster at the amusement park. Tickets are valid from August 4-15. Whether you choose a raft ride at White Water Bay or a roller coaster at Frontier City, you’re bound to have a blast.
The variety show is always a popular event at the Ford Youth World. This year, the show will be on August 8, immediately following the Parade of Teams. Maybe one of the contestants will be the next American Idol!
More than 200 vendors will be at the show plying their wares. You’re sure to be able to find almost anything horse-related there, no matter if you need a replacement noseband because you left yours at home or if you’re in the market for a new saddle. Show and recreational clothing manufacturers, trailer manufacturers, tack vendors, jewelry displays, affiliate organizations and much more will all be available for your viewing pleasure while at the show. Ford will also be there displaying vehicles, so be sure to take a look.
Looking for a way to save money? With the AQHA Discount Card, you can save big with vendors such as Quarter Horse Outfitters, Tener’s, Shorty’s Caboy Hattery, Davis Western Tradin’ Company and many more. The card costs only $20.
We Are the Champions
Here are some Ford Youth World champions from past years:
- 2010 Barrel Racing Champion Rayann Fuller, showing Rudy Rodgers
- 2010 Cutting Champion Kelsey Karanges, showing Rosewoods Choice
- 2008 Western Pleasure Champion Darcy Reeve, showing A Certain Vino
- 2008 Jumping Champion Cassandra Hall, showing Flash Of Lace
- 2006 Hunter Under Saddle Champion Kristina Papendick, showing Must Be A Detail
- 2006 World Champion Horse Bowl Team North Carolina
- 2004 Breakaway Roping Champion Cody McCartney, showing Diamond Five Ten
- 2004 Pole Bending Champion Kelli Johnson, showing Bayou A Trip
- 2002 Aged Mares Champion Teel Wisdom, showing Sparkle Sierra
- 2002 Trail Champion Diana Powell, showing Im Crystal Clear
For more information, visit the show's website.