AQHA Rule-Change Proposal Forms
Rule-change proposal forms are due by the end of the year.
November 6, 2012
AQHA’s rule-change proposal forms are due by December 31. This deadline is set so that all forms will be in by the 2013 AQHA Convention in Houston.
The form offers members of AQHA the chance to propose changes to existing rules in the 2012 Official Handbook of Rules and Regulations that will be effective as of January 1, 2014.
On the rule-change proposal form, members are given the opportunity to explain why the rule change is needed. AQHA’s form also gives you a list of guidelines to help you in analyzing your proposed rule change:
- Define the problem and develop as many possible solutions as you can by asking others for input.
- Choose one possible solution that appears to be the most appropriate and that fits the mission and goals of AQHA.
Need an update on new rules after the 2013 AQHA Convention? Subscribe or renew your subscription to The American Quarter Horse Journal for coverage!
- Determine if any other rules would be affected if your proposal were to be adopted, and specify the rule numbers.
- Submit proper wording for a proposed rule change by typing or neatly printing the exact wording being proposed.
- If you propose changes to existing language, strike through the words you propose to delete. Type in bold and italics the words you propose to add.
Rule changes submitted without sufficient documentation and specific explanations detailing reasons for the change will not be assigned to a committee.
The 2013 AQHA Convention is March 8-11 at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Houston.
At the convention, voting on the rule change proposals will take place, and year-end awards will also be given out.
Committee agendas and tentative schedules will be released soon. You can check back on the AQHA Convention page for more details as they are released.
Subscribe or renew your subscription to the Journal today for everything you need to know about AQHA's rules and regulations. The Journal makes a great Christmas present!
You can also subscribe to America’s Horse Weekly, AQHA’s free weekly newsletter, for more detailed convention information.
The AQHA convention is a great way for members to get involved with AQHA outside of the show ring. If you are interested in attending the convention, please register either online or by calling AQHA at (806) 376-4811.
You can look at future AQHA convention locations here.