Why Show AQHA?
Showing American Quarter Horses is about much more than the lucrative prizes you can win, the thrill of competition you’ll experience and the glory you’ll receive.
August 31, 2010
There are so many reasons why you should show AQHA. Whether it’s your profession or your pastime, the best rewards you’ll receive from showing AQHA are the ones you’ll carry in your heart for a lifetime.
Here are a few more great benefits:
The AQHA Incentive Fund pays participants for showing and breeding their American Quarter Horses. Find out more in AQHA's FREE Incentive Fund brochure!
Show Up! is designed to reward you for attending more shows during your first calendar year in novice at AQHA shows. With Show Up!, you will receive a series of patches and prizes the more you show:
- Fifth show - AQHA showing patch and AQHA cap
- 10th show - AQHA showing patch and AQHA jacket
- 15th show - AQHA showing patch and AQHA portfolio
- 25th show - AQHA showing patch and Professional's Choice saddle pad
* Rewards may change as supply allows
The American Quarter Horse Youth World Cup is an international event that brings the best young horsemen and horsewomen together for a week of clinics, competition and camaraderie.
And as an added bonus, the top novice youth and novice amateur competitor attending the most shows by the end of the calendar year will win his or her pick of a Tex Tan western or a Collegiate English saddle!
Accounting for the Arena
Here are some tips to save you money when you head to your next AQHA show:
- Bring your own feed and bedding.
- The AQHA Incentive Fund is your investment account and a great way to earn money showing your horse. You and your horse get paid for the points you earn in the show pen.
- You can plan your trip three months in advance by visit AQHA Showing. Easily locate the most current three-month listing of all the American Quarter Horse shows you want to attend. Use this list to plan your route in advance, saving you money and travel time!
Enjoy your American Quarter Horse showing experience!
Ready to start earning money doing what you love? Learn more about AQHA's Incentive Fund in this FREE brochure!
What a deal! Save thousands in discounts while supporting the American Quarter Horse Foundation Youth Scholarship Fund.
John Deere Launches Equine Page on Website as Anticipation Grows for WEG.
From John Deere - August 23, 2010 - As the “Official Equipment Supplier of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games” to be held September 25-October 10, 2010 in Lexington, Kentucky, NRHA Corporate Partner John Deere will be announcing new initiatives including its new equine web page www.JohnDeere.com/equine.
The John Deere Equine web page features specific equipment and machinery recommendations, special offers on equipment, and co-branded John Deere and World Equestrian Games merchandise, including clothing and toy tractors. Consumers interested in purchasing tickets to the World Equestrian Games are also able to access tickets through John Deere’s new page.