Youth World Preview
A look at winners from past years, and what's ahead for the 2009 Ford Youth World.
June 23, 2009
This year's Ford AQHYA World Championship Show is predicted to be bigger and better than ever.
Noteworthy this year are discounts at local water and theme parks, and the ever-popular AQHYA Talent Show and Youth Mixer.
Also available will be a worship service at 10:30 a.m. August 2 in the Sales Pavilion.
White Water Bay and Frontier City are Oklahoma City's go-to places for fun. Both are offering special rates for AQHYA members so that you can dust off the dirt and go have a blast on any of the parks' rides. Tickets are available at the AQHA booth, and are 40 percent off the regular price. Tickets will be $17 per person to make a big splash at the water park or scream yourself hoarse on a rollercoaster at the amusement park.
Tickets are valid from July 30 through August 10. Whether you choose a raft ride at White Water Bay or a roller coaster at Frontier City, you're bound to have a blast.
Hundreds of youth will converge on Oklahoma City for the Ford AQHYA World Championship Show. To start learning how to compete like a pro, download the Beginner's Guide to Showing report.
The talent show and youth mixer are always popular events at the Ford Youth World. This year, the talent show will be at 7 p.m. August 5. Showcasing his own vocal talents that evening will be former AQHYA member and world champion Paul Bogart. Paul credits multiple factors for influencing his songs, including old-style country music and the rodeo world.
More than 200 vendors will be at the show plying their wares. You're sure to be able to find almost anything horse-related there, no matter if you need a replacement noseband because you left yours at home or if you're in the market for a new saddle. Show and recreational clothing manufacturers, trailer manufacturers, tack vendors, jewelry displays, affiliate organizations and much more will all be available for your viewing pleasure while at the show. Ford will also be there displaying vehicles, so be sure to take a look.
We Are the Champions
Here are some Youth World champions from past years:
- 2008 Western Pleasure Champion Darcy Reeve, showing A Certain Vino
- 2008 Jumping Champion Cassandra Hall, showing Flash of Lace
- 2006 Hunter Under Saddle Champion Kristina Papendick, showing Must Be A Detail
- 2006 World Champion Horse Bowl Team North Carolina
- 2004 Breakaway Roping Champion Cody McCartney, showing Diamond Five Ten
- 2004 Pole Bending Champion Kelli Johnson, showing Bayou A Trip
- 2002 Aged Mares Champion Teel Wisdom, showing Sparkle Sierra
- 2002 Trail Champion Diana Powell, showing Im Crystal Clear
- 2000 Barrel Racing Champion Levi Hutton Nicholson, showing Hard Times Hope
- 2000 Team Penning Champions Adam Nelson, showing Colonel Geezer; Adam Hendrickson, showing Freckles Sugar Band; Guy Tietz, showing Smart Heart
To start yourself on the path to winning, download the Beginner's Guide to Showing report, and learn the tips and trade secrets to help make yourself a champion.