Stress-Free Horse Training Tips
Follow AQHA Professional Horseman Curt Pate’s advice and have a better training session with your horse.
September 21, 2008
- Never think "predator/prey relationship."
- Teach your horse to accept pressure.
- Always work with the horse to achieve mental and physical balance.
- Recognize the negative effects of over flexing your horse.
- Stay calm to relax a nervous horse.
- Keep groundwork to a minimum - It's OK to take a break.
- Use as little equipment as possible.
- Before working with a young horse, learn how to correctly catch and saddle him.
- Practice the "emergency stop."
- Patience is a virtue - remember that when you're with your horse.
Don’t miss out. Get more of Curt Pate’s training advice with the Training Your Horse For a Better Relationship, with Curt Pate report.