Call to Artists
2020 Call To Artists
The America’s Horse in Art Show and Sale is committed to the exhibition of outstanding art focusing on the American Quarter Horse. The goal of the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum is to bring together painting and sculpture of the highest quality to represent the American Quarter Horse.
Artist’s work being submitted to the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum Screening Committee must meet the following criteria:
- No less than four (4) and no more than ten (10) digital images representing the best examples of your work must be submitted.
- All images must include an example of the American Quarter Horse lifestyle
- Professional quality digital images with no background distractions must be submitted.
- JPG format at a resolution of 300 dpi must be submitted either via mail on a disk or through Dropbox (send link to email@example.com).
- Name each file with the title of the work.
- Include with the entry in separate files:
- Title, dimensions, medium and price of each piece of work submitted
- Artist’s biography (150 words or less)
- List of awards and any other pertinent information
- All entries must be an original work of the submitting artist.
- All entries must have been created within the past two (2) years.
- All entries must be received by May 31, 2019 to be eligible for consideration for the 2020 America’s Horse In Art Show and Sale.
- These examples do not have to be works that are available for sale. These are just examples of the artist’s portfolio.
There is a screening fee of $35 payable by check, money order or credit card. Include your name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
Entries must be sent to the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum by May 31, 2019 to be considered for the following year’s show.
Selections will be made by the America’s Horse in Art Screening Committee in late June, and applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision in July. Please note, the images submitted to the America’s Horse In Art Screening Committee do not have to be works that are currently available for sale. These images are viewed as examples of the artist’s portfolio and do not have to be reserved for America’s Horse In Art 2020.
For further information, contact:
America’s Horse In Art
American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum
2601 East Interstate 40
Amarillo, TX 79104
Phone: (806) 376-5181