AQHA Racing Regional Challenge Races
In the quarter century of its existence, the AQHA Racing Challenge has been a major source of quality racing for American Quarter Horses of all levels of ability, but especially for older horses.
This year, the Racing Challenge program Regional races, spread across the United States, Canada, Mexico and South America, will invite winners to the premier event conducted in the Fall: the Challenge Championships. The 2024 Challenge Championships will be hosted by The Downs at Albuquerque - October 26, 2024.
Five divisions of the Racing Challenge program cover a wide spectrum of competition:
- The AQHA Championship Challenge race is a 440-yard race for 3-year-olds and up. It showcases some of the industry's finest horses.
- The Adequan Derby Challenge race is a 400-yard race for 3-year-olds.
- The John Deere Juvenile Challenge race is a 350-yard race for 2-year-olds.
- The Cox Ranch Distaff Challenge race is reserved for fillies and mares 3-year-olds and up and ran at 400 yards.
- The Lip Chip LLC Distance Challenge race spotlights the distance specialists, running at 870 yards, and is open to all 3-year-olds and up.