Educational Judges Seminars
Educational Judging Seminars
AQHA Judge Education
If you would like to learn more about how to judge a variety of AQHA-approved classes or just want to hear how judges are instructed to judge your favorite class visit AQHA University. It is available to the general public at the cost of $250 per course.
Registration can be done by visiting the AQHUniversity.
Level 1 Judge Information
Why test for your Level 1 Judges card?
- Gives “foot in the door"
- It gives a credential to be able to judge Level 1 shows, and some shows that require Level 1 or above cert such as ISHA, some NCEA, and certain larger 4-H and Open shows.
- It also puts you in the continuing education loop, and puts you in some company within judges.
- Could potentially be considered by the Judge's committee when applying for all-around judge.
If someone you know is interested have them submit the following supplication Specialized Judge Application.
December Judges Workshop
Save the Dates: December 16-18, 2019
- WCHA/AQHA Specialized Judges and WCHA only Judges are required to attend the Halter Education on Monday, December 16, as well as the WCHA Judges meeting that afternoon. WCHA only judges can register by contacting Don Falcon.
- NRCHA only judges can register on the NRCHA website or at the workshop. This workshop is also open to anyone who wants to known more about NRCHA judging.
To book a room call:
Hyatt Regency DFW Airport
2334 N International Pkwy
Room rate: $119
(800) 233-1234 (Ask for AQHA room block)
Bring your hat/judging attire – mandatory judges photos are being taken.
Other than Canada, it’s not mandatory for All-Around International Judges to attend. International judges will be required to watch the recorded Workshop through AQHU before they judge in 2020.
February 3-4, 2020
A new year, a new opportunity for AQHA judge education! Join us February 3-4, 2020, in Rome, Italy, for an optional AQHA Judges Workshop, held in conjunction with the AQHA European Summit. The workshop is offered free to current AQHA members and will be co-hosted by the American Paint Horse Association. We encourage you to attend for a chance to connect and learn with APHA and AQHA judges from around the world!
Please note that all AQHA international judges are required to view the Judges Workshop by January 31, 2020, that will take place in Dallas via American Quarter Horse University as a part of their annual education and certification before judging any 2020 AQHA-approved show or class. This will be available online by January 6, 2020.
For more information regarding AQHA international judge education and certification in general, please contact AQHA Senior Director of Judges Patti Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org.