Lucas Oil World: Open / Amateur Ownership Policies
AQHA World Show: Open / Amateur Ownership Policies
Each World Show Handbook will be made available as soon as the Show Department staff updates the policy information regarding qualification and eligibility requirements for 2020. Although qualifying has been waived for the 2020 world championship shows, the following ownership policies remain in effect. Check back in the coming weeks for the completed handbooks.
- Ownership and eligibility requirements for all AQHA World Championship Show participants will be according to the rules listed in the current 2020 AQHA Official Handbook of Rules and Regulations.
- The horse's owner must be a current member at the time of entry as well as time of the show.
- Ownership requirements are as follows:
- If a lessee is eligible on a horse and intends to exhibitor that horse at the AQHA World Show, a showing lease must be in effect and on file with AQHA at the time the lessee (a) enters the horse into the AQHA World Show, and (b) exhibits the horse at the AQHA World Show. Should a showing lease expire prior to the above times, a new showing lease will be required.
- The transfer of ownership of a horse to a non-family youth for participation in the Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show and subsequent transfer back to (a) the previous owner, (b) a joint ID of the previous owner, (c) an "immediate family" (SHW220.1) member of the previous owner, or (d) an entity owned in whole or in part by the previous owner for an entry in the Adequan® Select World Championship Show and/or AQHA World Show held in the same calendar year is prohibited and will disqualify the horse from entry in that year's Adequan® Select World and/or AQHA World Show.
- Further, horses cannot be transferred out of an ownership and then be shown in a different breed organization's championship and/or world show and then transferred back into (a) the original owner's name; (b) a joint ID of the original owner; (c) an 'immediate family" member of the original owner, or (d) an entity owned in whole or in part by the original owner so as to be shown at the AQHA World Show in the same year.
- An otherwise eligible entry for the Adequan® Select World or the AQHA World Show will automatically be revoked if:
- The horse is transferred back to the former owner for entry in the Adequan® Select World or AQHA World Show, points will not be revoked from the horse's permanent record.
- The horse is exhibited at the Ford Youth World occurring in the same calendar year as the Adequan® Select World or AQHA World Show; and
- Ownership of the horse is transferred to a youth or other person not having a family relationship with the transferor as specified in the 2020 AQHA Official Handbook.
- Further, horses cannot be transferred out of an ownership and then be shown in a different breed organization's championship and/or world show and then transferred back into the original owner's name to be shown at the AQHA World Show.
- If the horse is a weanling, the ownership deadline is wived in both the Amateur and Open divisions and the weanling can be sold after the entry deadline; however, the weanling must have been entered prior to the entry deadline. ownership may change up to 24 hours prior to the class.