2019 AQHA EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
President – Stan Weaver of Big Sandy, Montana
First Vice President – F.E. "Butch" Wise of El Reno, Oklahoma
Second Vice President – Norman Luba of Louisville, Kentucky
Member – Dr. Scott Myers of Sharon Center, Ohio
Member – Kenneth Banks of Schulenburg, Texas
AQHA EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT – Craig Huffhines
- Established March 1940 – Fort Worth
- AQHA International Headquarters – Amarillo
- 2018 AQHA Membership – 234,627
- 2018 American Quarter Horse Youth Association Membership – 20,493
Transfers & Registration
- Horses Registered by AQHA since 1940 – nearly six million worldwide
- 2018 Registrations – 70,176
- 2018 Transfers – 106,689
Horseback Riding Program – members log hours spent horseback and earn various awards.
- American Quarter Horse Division:
- 2018 Enrollees – 15,467
- 2018 Awards Given – 2,333
- Total Hours Ridden – 485,804
- All-Breeds Division:
- 2018 Enrollees – 2,687
- 2018 Awards Given – 584
- Total Hours Ridden – 75,813
AQHA Professional Horsemen – group of dedicated horse industry professionals devoted to promoting the American Quarter Horse and servicing AQHA members by offering training assistance in a variety of areas.
- 2018 members – 763
Shows – represent a major segment of the equine industry. American Quarter Horse shows offer youth, amateur, Select amateur and open classes for horsemen and -women the opportunity to compete with their American Quarter Horses, testing their skills against other horses and riders for AQHA halter and performance points, as well as cash awards and prizes.
- 2018 Total Shows – 2,437
- 2018 U.S. Shows – 2,092
- 2018 Canadian Shows – 129
- 2018 International Shows – 345
- 2018 Total Show Entries – 871,369
- 2018 Total Special Events – 381
- 2018 Total Special-Event Entries – 19,228
- 2018 Lucas Oil AQHA Amateur and Open World Championship Show Entries – 4,478
- 2018 Adequan® Select World Championship Show Entries – 968
- 2018 Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show Entries – 3,480
- 2017 (held in 2018) Zoetis AQHA Versatility Ranch Horse World Championships Entries – 2,603
- 2017 (held in 2018) AQHA Cowboy Mounted Shooting Championships Entries – 100
- 2018 Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge Finals Entries – 151
- 2018 AQHA West Level 1 Championships Entries – 1,600
- 2018 Nutrena East AQHA Level 1 Championships Entries – 2,673
- 2018 AQHA Central Level 1 Championships Entries – 1,403
- AQHA-Approved Judges – 1,005
Ranching Heritage Programs – highlight the efforts of American Quarter Horse ranch breeders and their heritage to AQHA. The AQHA Ranching Heritage programs are the AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders program, AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenges and AQHA Ranching Heritage Young Horse Development program.
- 2018 Ranching Heritage Challenge Total Entries – 506
- 2018 Total Ranching Heritage Members – 393
- 2018 Total Ranching Heritage Challenge Eligible Horses – 113,211
Races – developed from the village lanes of colonial America, American Quarter Horse racing brings the thrill and excitement of closely matched American Quarter Horses racing at peak speeds near 55 miles per hour.
- 2018 Total Starters in American Quarter Horse Races – 12,593
- Average Purse Per Race – $17,193
- Average Earnings Per Starter – $9,275
- Total Purses – $120,145,324
- 2018 Bank of America Racing Challenge Enrollments – 2,509
- Total Challenge Purses – $2,383,401
- Nominator Awards – $154,536
American Quarter Horse Association Publications – provide the most timely, comprehensive and accessible information available in the industry.
- America’s Horse – official member publication delivered to current AQHA members 10 times annually.
- Total Circulation – more than 200,000 paid and controlled
- First issue – September 1998
- Established for general interest AQHA members
- The American Quarter Horse Journal – official monthly business publication for the American Quarter Horse industry.
- Circulation of the print magazine is 20,130; digital versions are available for free to all AQHA members at www.aqha.com/qhj.
- First issue – September 1948
- Contains articles of interest to those who own, train, breed and exhibit in English and western disciplines with emphasis on the rail, pattern and halter industries
- Performance Horse Journal – Performance horse section in the monthly print Journal. The content in this section is then broken out into a stand-alone, digital Performance Horse Journal each month. Content is dedicated to owners, breeders and competitors in reining, cutting, roping, barrel racing and other western performance-horse events
- First Issue – July 2016
- Ranch Horse Journal – quarterly magazine dedicated to the American Quarter Horse ranch horse and ranch horse competition.
- First Issue – July 2016
- Quarter Racing Journal – official racing publication for the American Quarter Horse racing industry, printed in March and December and mailed to all racing-interested members.
- First Issue – January 1988
Networks – AQHA keeps horse enthusiasts informed and educated through a variety of mediums.
- Facebook – facebook.com/aqha1
- Instagram – @officialaqha, @officialaqhya
- Twitter – @AQHA, @AQHYA and @AQHANews
- Pinterest – pinterest.com/aqha1
American Quarter Horse Youth Association – designed for American Quarter Horse enthusiasts 18 years of age and younger, established on the premise of expanding youth participation with and knowledge of the American Quarter Horse. AQHYA currently has more than 20,000 members.
- American Quarter Horse Foundation Scholarships
- Junior Master Horseman
- Take Me Riding
- Youth Racing Experience Program
- Bank of America Youth Excellence Seminar
- AQHA Ranching Heritage Young Horse Development Program
- American Quarter Horse Youth World Cup
- Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show
** All numbers are as of 12/31/18.