The American Quarter Horse Association welcomes you to join us for the Bank of America Racing Challenge Championship, alongside the 2019 AQHA Racing Conference. This year, qualifiers from regional races across the United States, Canada, Mexico and South America will send their top candidates to compete in five divisions. This premier event was designed to showcase some of the sport's finest older horses and the next generation of leaders - futurity and derby horses, the country's top fillies and mares, and the distance specialists. The 2019 Bank of America Racing Challenge Championships are October 26 at The Downs at Albuquerque.
Five divisions of the Racing Challenge program cover a wide spectrum of competition:
- The Bank of America Championship Challenge race is a 440-yard race for 3-year-olds and up. It showcases some of the industry's finest horses.
- The Adequan Derby Challenge race is a 400-yard race for 3-year-olds.
- The John Deere Juvenile Challenge race is a 350-yard race for 2-year-olds.
- The AQHA Distaff Challenge race is reserved for fillies and mares 3-year-olds and up and ran at 400 yards.
- The AQHA Distance Challenge race spotlights the distance specialists, running at 870 yards, and is open to all 3-year-olds and up.
In addition to recognizing the winners of each Challenge Championship race in the Fall, AQHA and its generous sponsors will recognize a leading jockey, trainer, owner and breeder. These individuals will be recognized at the Owner Recognition Brunch held prior to the running of the Challenge Championship races.