Intermediate Eligibility & Awards
Intermediate Eligibility and Awards
1. To be eligible for the award, the exhibitor cannot have won any AQHA points (in open, youth, or amateur) prior to the year of the award.
2. The award is based on points accumulated on a one-horse/one-exhibitor basis and the horse's ownership must meet the requirements of SHW816 in the AQHA Official Handbook.
3. All eligible exhibitors must hold current year Memberships in appropriate divisions (either youth or amateur).
4. The Youth and Amateur divisions contain three categories:
- 11 & Under
- 12 - 14
- 15 - 18
- 30 & Under
- 31 - 49
- Amateur Select (exhibitors age 50 and over)
5. Upon receipt of the exhibitor's first 1/2 point or more, the exhibitor will be notified by AQHA of eligibility. In order to maintain eligibility, the exhibitor must return the notification letter with signature verifying birth date.
6. All ties will be broken in the following order to receive any corporate sponsored awards:
A. To the person winning points in the greatest number of events
B. To the person with the greatest number of wins
C. To the person who earned their last point first
Example: the person who earned their 50th point in March would win over the person who earned their 50th point in May.
Awards: Amateurs who have never earned a point in AQHA-approved shows, and who earned the most points in the current year in their appropriate age division will receive a pair of Justin boots, a sterling silver and gold Montana Silversmiths belt buckle, and $2,000 cash. Youth winners will receive a pair of Justin boots, sterling silver and gold Montana Silversmiths belt buckle, and:
1.)$2,000 scholarship for 11 & under and 12 - 14
2.)$3,000 scholarship for 15 - 18.
State Provincial Rules
All national award rules apply as listed above. Exception: no age categories. Awards: The Amateur and Youth with the highest point totals will be recognized as respective Intermediates for each state/province. The Amateur winner and the Youth winner will both receive a trophy belt buckle and a certificate for a pair of Justin boots.
Return to Show Leaders