NCEA Championship Seed, Match-Ups Announced
Twelve teams have been invited to compete April 16-18 for the 2015 National Collegiate Equestrian Association overall championship.
March 31, 2015
Seeding and match-ups have been determined for the 2015 National Collegiate Equestrian Association National Championship, set to take place April 16-18 at the Extraco Events Center in Waco, Texas, the NCEA Selection Committee announced Tuesday.
The top-12 overall teams (western and hunt seat combined) are invited to compete. The NCEA Selection Committee determines and invites these teams based on a number of factors throughout the season.
The top-four seeds in the NCEA Championship receive first-round byes in the 12-team format. The top-four seeds to this year’s event are Southeastern Conference champion Georgia, Big-12 champion Baylor, South Carolina and Texas A&M.
Georgia is the defending NCEA champion.
For more information on the National Collegiate Equestrian Association, visit www.collegiateequestrian.com or follow @NCEA_Equestrian on Twitter.
2015 NCEA Championship Seeds
- University of Georgia
- Baylor University
- University of South Carolina
- Texas A&M University
- Auburn University
- Fresno State University
- Kansas State University
- Oklahoma State University
- New Mexico State University
- University of Tennessee-Martin
(8) SMU vs. (9) Kansas State
(5) Auburn vs. (12) UT-Martin
(6) Fresno State vs. (11) New Mexico State
(7) TCU vs. (10) Oklahoma State
(1) Georgia vs. (8) SMU or (9) Kansas State
(2) Baylor vs. (7) TCU or (10) Oklahoma State
(3) South Carolina vs. (6) Fresno State or (11) New Mexico State
(4) Texas A&M vs. (5) Auburn or (12) UT-Martin