NCEA February Riders of the Month
The National Collegiate Equestrian Association named its top riders in February, including AQHA world champion Katy Krshka.
March 3, 2015
The National Collegiate Equestrian Association named its February Riders of the Month March 3, as determined by the NCEA selection committee and honoring standout performances from the past month of the collegiate equestrian season.
Equitation Over Fences Rider of the Month: Amber Henter, University of South Carolina
- Posted a 3-0-1 record in Equitation Over Fences in the month of February with one MVP honor.
- Won her head-to-head by 17 points on the road at Georgia while earning MVP honors.
- Posted the second-highest jumping score (86) while winning her point in the neutral site victory over Delaware State.
- Posted the second-highest jumping score (84) while winning her point on the road against Texas A&M.
- 14-3-1 (4 MVP) hunt seat record this year: 9-1-1 (2 MVP) in equitation over fences – best jumping record on the team.
Equitation on the Flat Rider of the Month: Kari Hancock, TCU
- Posted a 4-0 record during the month of February in Equitation On The Flat, including two victories away from home.
- Earned two MVP honors in the month of February.
- Averaged a score of 79.25 in her four Equitation On The Flat competitions this month.
Horsemanship Rider of the Month: Sara Parr, University of Georgia
- Went 4-0 in Horsemanship in the month of February, three of her wins coming over SEC teams
- Three of her four wins came against top-five teams.
- Earned three MOP honors on four rides.
- Parr currently owns both the first (82.5) and third (79.5) highest scores of SEC competition this year.
- In three of her four wins, she has scored 77 or higher.
Reining Rider of the Month: Katy Krshka, Oklahoma State University
- Posted a perfect 3-0 record in Reining during the month of February with three MVP honors.
- Averaged a score of 72.67 over the course of the month.
- Was a part of three Oklahoma State team wins, including victories against No. 1 Baylor and No. 1 TCU.
NCEA released its latest team rankings March 3 and the University of South Carolina clocked in at No. 1. View the full top-10 list of NCEA teams.