Gunners Special Nite Hits a Special Milestone
The 2004 sorrel stallion becomes a National Reining Horse Association million-dollar sire.
August 18, 2017
From the National Reining Horse Association
Following a successful show for his offspring at the Mid Atlantic Reining Classic, North Central Reining Horse Association Futurity & Derby show and a host of other events recorded this week, Gunners Special Nite officially became the National Reining Horse Association’s (NRHA) newest Million Dollar Sire. The 2004 sorrel stallion is by Colonels Smoking Gun and out of Mifs Doll (by Mifillena). Gunners Special Nite was bred by Kim and Debra Sloan of Newfoundland, N.J., and is currently owned by Turnabout Farm Inc.
Boasting an NRHA Lifetime Earnings (LTE) of more than $219,730, he has been just as successful in the show arena as in the breeding barn. Some of his major accomplishments include the 2007 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open Reserve Champion and Level 3 Open Champion, 2008 NRHA Derby Level 4 Open finalist, 2008 American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) World Championship Show Junior Reining Top Ten, 2009 National Reining Breeders Classic (NRBC) Level 4 Open finalist, and 2010 NRBC Level 4 Open finalist, all with Marcy Ver Meer behind the reins. Tom McCutcheon piloted Gunners Special Nite to two Federation Equestre Internationale World Equestrian Games gold medals, with one in the team competition and one in the individual competition. Gunners Special Nite was also the 2010 United States Equestrian Federation Horse of the Year, making him the first western horse to receive this award.
Gunners Special Nite top NRHA offspring include:
- Wham Bam Gunner Man (2012 stallion out of Super Olena Chic, owned by CS Ranch Management SA) - $51,710 NRHA LTE
- Modern Gun (2013 stallion out of Taris Modern Design, owned by Ms Stables) - $49,491 NRHA LTE
- Sunglasses At Nite LTE (2012 gelding out of Chexy Dun It, owned by Story Book Stables) - $46,642 NRHA LTE
- Special Kinda Nite (2012 mare out of Cowgirl In A Benz, owned by 4 Lazy J Arizona, LLC) - $41,519 NRHA LTE
- Hollywood Nites (2013 stallion out of Dun It For Chex, owned by Michael Garnett) - $41,281 NRHA LTE
NRHA congratulates Gunners Special Nite and his owner, Turnabout Farm, Inc., for achieving Million Dollar Sire status. Gunners Special Nite currently stands at Tom McCutcheon Reining Horses in Aubrey, Texas.