'Gunner' Hits Second Milestone in 2017
Colonels Smoking Gun becomes a National Reining Horse Association $10 million sire.
December 21, 2017
From the National Reining Horse Association
After reaching the $9 million mark earlier this year, the late NRHA Hall of Famer Colonels Smoking Gun, best known as "Gunner," has reached another milestone. At the 2017 National Reining Horse Association Futurity & Adequan® North American Affiliate Championship Show, he became NRHA’s second $10 million sire.
Bred by Eric Storey of Henegar, Ala., Gunner (Colonelfourfreckle x Katie Gun) was a stand out in the show pen. He was the 1996 NRHA Futurity Reserve Champion, 1998 National Reiners Breeders Cup Reserve Champion and 2001 USET Festival of Champions Reining Champion. During his lifetime, Gunner earned nearly $175,000.
At the 2017 Futurity, Gunner had twelve offspring competing in the finals—seven in the Open and five in the Non Pro. Together, these horses earned over $175,000 and helped Gunner become a Ten Million Dollar Sire.
Gunner’s highest money earning offspring include:
- Tinker With Guns (out of Tinker Nic): NRHA LTE over $344,000
- Gunners Tinseltown (out of Miss Tinseltown): NRHA LTE over $305,000
- Americasnextgunmodel (out of Cee Dun It Do It): NRHA LTE over $289,000
- Gunners Special Nite (out of Mifs Doll): NRHA Million Dollar Sire with NRHA LTE over $219,000
- Gunnatrashya (out of Natrasha): NRHA Million Dollar Sire with NRHA LTE over $218,000
Congratulation to NRHA’s newest $10 million sire, Gunner.