U.S. Equestrian Youth Reining Championships
Eight qualifying competitions remain before the national championships August 31.
January 1, 0001
U.S. Equestrian Communications Department
The 2018 US Equestrian (USEF) Youth Reining National Championships are set to take place during the Tulsa Reining Classic on Friday, August 31, at 5:30 p.m. in Tulsa, Okla. The qualifying period ends August 1 so there is still time for youth competitors to take advantage of the upcoming qualifying events for a chance to compete for the title.
The remaining 2018 qualifying competitions are as follows:
- National Reining Breeders Classic, April 15-22, in Katy, Texas
- Lazy E Arena Red Dirt Reining, May 3-6, in Guthrie, Okla.
- Carolina Classic, May 11-13, in Tryon, N.C.
- Central New York Reining Horse Association Ride and Slide, June 8-10, in Syracuse, N.Y.
- National Reining Horse Association Derby, June 23- July 1, in Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Eastern Pennsylvania Reining Horse Association Fire Cracker Classic, July 12-15, in Logan Township, N.J.
- Mid-Atlantic Reining Horse Classic 1 and 2, July 18-22, in Lexington, Va.
- Southeastern Reining Horse Association Main Event, July 28-29, in Williamston, N.C.
To be eligible to compete in the 2018 USEF Youth Reining National Championships, competitors must have competed in a USA Reining or USEF reining class during the qualification period (January 1 – August 1) and obtained a score higher than zero. Riders, horses, and owners must be active members of USEF and USA Reining.
US Equestrian is also pleased to share that this year’s national championships will award an additional $15,000 in prize money for the youth divisions. $7,500 has been added to the 19-21-year-old division, $5,000 has been added to the 14-18-year-old division, and $2,500 has been added to the 13-year-old and under division. All competitors placing in the top-10 will receive a ribbon. The champions will receive a championship cooler and a custom trophy belt buckle. The reserve champion in each age group will be given a championship monogrammed cooler.
For more information, please contact USEF Director of Reining, Bryn Wells, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 225-6948.