10 Must-Follow Pinboards for Equestrians
These horse-related Pinterest boards round up tips for barn organization, horse training, fall-inspired meals and horsey humor.
By Tara Matsler | September 24, 2014
“What’s all this Pinterest hub-bub?” you ask. Well, folks use Pinterest to collect ideas for projects and interests. And that, to me, makes Pinterest the perfect tool for horsewomen (and -men), given that the horsey-interested are the sort of breed always looking to take on another project.
- Recipes. Nothing tops off autumn evenings spent at the barn like hearty meals of jalapeno popper chicken or southwestern eggrolls. Cowboy up for these culinary delights pinned by Wrangler.
- Horse Training for Success. Whether you want tips for horse training on the ground or need help mastering tricky maneuvers from horseback, we have the horse-training help you're looking for.
- Barn Organization. This pinboard from our friends at Quarter Horse News is a clever mix of thought-provoking tidiness and inspired barn décor.
- Recycling – The Equestrian Way. What are you doing with those old rosettes and ribbons? How about rusty horseshoes or used feedbags? Ta-da! TheHorse.com’s pinboard is going to change your life, friend.
- Solutions. These pins will have you saying, “Why didn’t I think of that?” Our pals at Horse & Rider magazine curated some real gems here, from ways to re-use hay strings around the barn to easy ideas for equestrian lunches on the go.
- Double J Saddlery on Polyvore. Shopaholics, you have been warned. This is one dangerous pinboard if your fashion sense dabbles in country chic. But boy, oh boy, is it inspiring!
- Rustic Wedding. If Pinterest is your planner for a horsey-inspired wedding, Montana Silversmiths rounded up these pins just for you. Beware – burlap, hay bales and mason jars are rampant on this pinboard.
- Money-Saving Secrets. Folks, horse-showing expenses don’t have to be a bear if you heed these thrifty tips.
- Team Justin. Alright, rodeo fans, can you feel the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo fever? December can’t come quick enough! Track down your favorite rodeo stars, including Trevor Brazile and Sherry Cervi, on this robust Justin Boots pinboard.
- Horsey Humor. Talk about memes galore. If “But officer, that wasn’t a U-turn – it was a rollback” and “My wife wanted a horse. I didn’t want a horse. So we compromised and got a horse” are your ideas of a good chuckle, go follow this Professional’s Choice pinboard. Now.
Follow AQHA on Pinterest for more horse-training, -care and -showing tips.