June American Quarter Horse Journal
These are 10 can't-miss articles from the June Journal.
June 2, 2015
Summer is underway, which means great things for owners of American Quarter Horses. Longer days equal more time for riding, the weather is perfect for trail riding, ranchers are getting out to work spring calves and show season is getting into full force. We love it!
We also love these 10 articles in the June issue of The American Quarter Horse Journal. We thought you would, too.
- "Putting the Horse First" explains how the AQHA Executive Committee is continuing to make huge strides for the benefit of the horse.
- "Rope a Good Score" is Part 1 of a series where AQHA judge Bill Enk discusses what correctness and speed look like in credit-earning team roping runs for headers.
- "Begging For a Breeze" gives you tips for keeping your horse cool in the heat.
- "Ride the Pattern Showmanship" serves up a showmanship practice pattern and AQHA Professional Horsewoman Jenny Jordan Frid's tips for conquering it.
- "Legends: A Trail Horse for All Time" shines the spotlight on Dude Cowboy Two, one of the greatest trail horses ever.
- "Wrapping 101" offers how-to's on wrapping legs for performance, shipping and recovery.
- "Ranching In the Digital Age" shows how every member of the Pierson family plays a unique role in the success of AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeder KT Ranch.
- "Building a Show" features coverage from this year's Zoetis AQHA Cattle Level 1 Championship in Oklahoma City.
- "Q-Fit" shows you how to hit your midyear stride with equestrian personal trainer Emily Harrington's fully body workout for riding, strength and flexibility.
- "It's Not Goodbye" reflects on former AQHA Executive Vice President Don Treadway Jr.'s 40-year career with AQHA and looks ahead to his future with horses.
How to Read This Issue