May American Quarter Horse Journal
These are 15 reasons why no matter your discipline persuasion, the May Journal is a can't-miss.
May 1, 2015
With spring in full force, we've got baby fever, and it's plain to see just by looking at the cover of the May American Quarter Horse Journal.
If you're like us – mooning over Barn Babies pics and dreaming of what the future will hold for your foals and broodmares – you'll want to read our May articles wrote with you in mind. But we've got more than just articles for owner-breeders; here, take a look.
- "Foal Fotographics" offers 10 do's and don'ts to capturing great registration images and fun snapshots of your equine babies.
- "Broadening the Gene Pool" looks at the new limitations on the use of sperm, embryos and oocytes.
- "Breeder Spotlight: Raymond Coutley" is sure to inspire you once you learn more about this show-jumping dynasty that began with just one mare and a few riding lessons.
- "Developing Western Dressage" looks at the up-and-coming sport that's already putting down roots.
- "Gary Roberts" gets personal with the 2014 Professional's Choice Don Burt Professional Horseman of the Year.
- "Stephanie Lynn" introduces you to the impressive lady named the 2014 Professional's Choice Professional Horsewoman of the Year.
- "Borrow a Trainer" takes a closer look at how pace and passing can put you in position to succeed in western pleasure, with help with AQHA Professional Horseman Adam Wainscott.
- "Q-Fit" shares three exercises to help you gain strength and flexibility for riding.
- "Healthy Pie" examines AQHA's finances.
- "Workhorses" features Louisiana's Prison Enterprises, producing ranch horses with a unique labor force – inmates.
- "Amateur Spotlight" is exhibitor Paul Gonya's replay of his past 25 years with AQHA, beloved "Cappy" and horse people.
- "Ride the Pattern: Horsemanship" wraps up a three-part series with AQHA Professional Horsewoman Jill Newcomb as she gives champion tips for winning in horsemanship classes.
- "Riding Tough" spotlights the two new Zoetis AQHA Versatility Ranch Horse world champions; don't miss exclusive video interviews with these winners in the Journal digital edition.
- "A Bang-Up Good Time" highlights the four new John Deere AQHA cowboy mounted shooting world champions, including their exclusive video interviews featured in the digital edition of the Journal.
- "Showdown" is your chance for an inside look at the unique Markel AQHA Cowtown Showdown, which showcased cutters, reiners, working cow and ranch horses.
How to Read This Issue