Candids and Champions From the Georgia Classic
See who claimed high-point titles out of more than 3,900 entries at the Georgia Quarter Horse Association's December 4-7 show.
By Tara Matsler | December 8, 2014
The Georgia Quarter Horse Association's 2014 show season culminated with the Georgia Classic, December 4-7 at the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry. The four-day event managed by Mark Harrell Horse Shows drew more than 3,900 entries with allures like Speed-Only Friday with two runs in back-to-back rounds, a $300 flat fee, plus circuit and high-point awards. Judges for the weekend were Brent Maxwell, Chad Evans, Brent Tincher, Clint Fullerton, Garth Gooding and David Denniston.
The American Quarter Horse Journal congratulates the following high-point award winners:
- Halter mare: Extra Cute (2011 sorrel filly by Execute-Sacred Sierra by Sierra Te), owned by Constance Jarve of Bridgeton, New Jersey, shown by Matt Claypool of Jamestown, Ohio
- Halter gelding: RPL Momento (2010 sorrel gelding by The Exceptional One-Hil by Ima Cool Skip), owned by Neil and India Champion of Dixon Mills, Alabama, shown by Todd Grant of Newnan, Georgia
- Small-fry: Miso Lazy (2008 bay gelding by Lazy Loper-The Detail Lady by Last Detail, owned by Christine Potts of Fountain Inn, South Carolina, shown by Alexis Potts of Fountain Inn
- Amateur: Investin A Goodbar (2009 sorrel gelding by Ima Zippo Good Bar-Foxy Asset by Investment Asset), owned and shown by Scott Reinartz of Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Select amateur: Impulsive Grace (2000 gray mare by A Sudden Impulse-A Genuine Gremlin by The Little Gremlin), owned and shown by Lynn Agee of Kingsport, Tennessee