Oregon Summer Classic: June 24
View results and look through Journal photos from Wednesday's futurities in Central Point.
By Tara Matsler | June 23, 2015
The Oregon Quarter Horse Association's crown jewel, the Summer Classic, is up and running in Central Point, with the circuit taking over the Jackson County Expo Center June 24-28.
Following a smoldering day of horse showing, with temperatures nearing 100 degrees, exhibitors cooled down June 24 with the Taste of the Rogue Valley Reception, sponsored by Travel Medford. Wine enthusiasts had the chance to sip various vintages of whites and reds, while all comers savored cheeses and appetizers.
The evening saw the first go-rounds in the reining sweepstakes, as well as heading and heeling roping futurities. The single-go-round futurities kicked off with 2-year-old non-pro western pleasure, then yearling longeline, 3-year-old non-pro western pleasure and English Classic for horses 4 and under.
The American Quarter Horse Journal congratulates the following winners:
2-Year-Old Non-Pro Western Pleasure Futurity
Ona Good Kiss, a 2013 red roan mare (VS Code Blue-Ona Good Impulse by Impulsions), owned and shown by Susan Johns of Paradise Valley, Arizona
3-Year-Old Non-Pro Western Pleasure Futurity
Lemonmade, a 2012 palomino gelding (Machine Made-Zip N Therapy by Therapy), owned by Cory Seebach and Dr. Candice Hall of Black Creek, British Columbia, and shown by Dr. Candice Hall
Yearling Longeline Futurity
Finally Blue My Mind, a 2014 blue roan gelding (My Final Notice-Up Fashion Lane by Dynamic Deluxe), owned by Madeline Farrington of Marrero, Louisiana, and shown by Cindy McCraw of Sultan, Washington
Embrace The Dream, a 2011 bay gelding (Invitation Only-Dreamin On Impulse by Hot Impulrse), owned by Shannon Brown-Korkowski of Cameron Park, California, and shown by AQHA Professional Horsewoman Nancy Ann Alto-Renfro of Finley, California
Journal Coverage From the Oregon Summer Classic
- June 28 – See who claimed high-point, all-around, shootout and sweepstakes wins at the 2015 Oregon Summer Classic in Central Point.
- June 27 – Lemonmade continues his winning streak, this time in the Summer Classic 3-year-old open western pleasure futurity for owners Candice Hall and Cory Seebach.
- June 26 – The Youth Champion of Champions and Trainer Showmanship classes kept spectactors entertained Thursday night.
- June 25 – From cow horse to western pleasure, ranch riding to horsemanship, roping to trail, the versatility of the American Quarter Horse was on display Thursday in Central Point.
- June 24 – View results and look through Journal photos from Wednesday's futurities in Central Point.
Ona Good Kiss and Susan Johns
Lemonmade and Dr. Candice Hall
Finally Blue My Mind and Cindy McCraw
Embrace the Dream and AQHA Professional Horsewoman Nancy Ann Alto-Renfro