Oregon Summer Classic: June 25
From cow horse to western pleasure, ranch riding to horsemanship, roping to trail, the versatility of the American Quarter Horse was on display Thursday in Central Point.
By Tara Matsler | June 24, 2015
With cutting, working cow horse, boxing, roping, ranch riding, western riding, western pleasure, horsemanship and trail classes, Thursday, June 25, was certainly a full day at the 2015 Oregon Summer Classic.
“Summer Classic’s focus has always been ‘family friendly’ by having various social events scheduled during the week," says Keri Croft, Oregon Quarter Horse Association executive secretary. From the Taste of the Rogue Valley reception Wednesday night to the barbecue on Thursday, the family friendly atmosphere is evident.
Without a doubt, one of the much-anticipated highlights of Summer Classic is always the Youth Champion of Champions and Trainer Showmanship classes, which were also Thursday night. (View photos from the Champion of Champions and Trainer Showmanship.)
Journal Coverage From the Oregon Summer Classic
- June 28 – See who claimed high-point, all-around, shootout and sweepstakes wins at the 2015 Oregon Summer Classic in Central Point.
- June 27 – Lemonmade continues his winning streak, this time in the Summer Classic 3-year-old open western pleasure futurity for owners Candice Hall and Cory Seebach.
- June 26 – The Youth Champion of Champions and Trainer Showmanship classes kept spectactors entertained Thursday night.
- June 25 – From cow horse to western pleasure, ranch riding to horsemanship, roping to trail, the versatility of the American Quarter Horse was on display Thursday in Central Point.
- June 24 – View results and look through Journal photos from Wednesday's futurities in Central Point.