Silver Dollar Circuit: March 17
There was plenty of green to be worn and won on the first day of the 2015 Silver Dollar Circuit in Las Vegas.
By AQHA Editor-In-Chief Becky Newell | March 16, 2015
The 2015 Silver Dollar Circuit kicked off on St. Patrick's Day, with plenty of exhibitors in green show clothes, horses with green sleezies, green lead ropes, green-patterned saddle pads, green trail course decor and even a green felt cowboy hat used buy the trail judges to tell the next exhibitor when they were ready.
There was also plenty of talk about the green that people either won or left in the casino.
But there was green to be won in the novice and maiden hunter under saddle futurities at the end of the show's first day.
In the novice HUS futurity, The Publication and AQHA Professional Horsewoman Beth Case of Pilot Point, Texas, took home a little more than $1,300 for owner Cynthia Carden of San Juan Capistrano, California. A 2009 bay gelding, The Publication is by A Dream Remembered and out of Delighted To Be Good by Zippos Two Eyed Jack. He was bred by Jeffrey Hunter of White Hall, Arkansas.
In the $1,000-added maiden HUS futurity, Katherine Tobin's homebred Al Be Your Sweet Art and AQHA Professional Horsewoman Deanna Searles of Scottsdale, Arizona, took home the win. Al Be Your Sweet Art is a 2012 bay mare by Allocate Your Assets and out of Your Arts Desire by Art I Sweet.
See results from all of Day 1's classes. The second day of the show brings the western pleasure futurities.
Be sure to check out the Journal's St. Patrick's Day-themed slideshow below!
Journal Coverage of the 2015 Silver Dollar Circuit
- High-Points – Look through high-point champions and reserves, plus more candid photos from the Silver Dollar Circuit.
- March 20 – Multiple AQHA Select showmanship world champion Anne Wilson is still using her lucky charms.
- March 19 – A pasture potato prognosis didn’t stop this gelding from heading back to the show pen.
- March 18 – AQHA leveling is credited for increase in entries at the 2015 Silver Dollar Circuit.
- March 17 – There was plenty of green to be worn and won on the first day of the 2015 Silver Dollar Circuit in Las Vegas.