WSQHA Closes Out Show Season With Northwest Emerald
Exhibitors enjoyed a relaxed and fun atmosphere and Saturday's futurity night at the September 8-11 show in Monroe, Washington.
By Crysta Lombardi | September 20, 2016
For the Washington State Quarter Horse Association
The Washington State Quarter Horse Association wrapped up our year with the 2016 Northwest Emerald Show.
To kick off the Emerald, Three Ring Farm sponsored a Welcome Party and supplied pizza. Tuscano’s in Monroe offers the Washington State Quarter Horse Youth World Show Team a dine-out night and 20 percent of the proceeds from dinners of attendees are donated to the team. Washington State Quarter Horse Youth Association sponsored a baked potato feed on Friday evening. Machine Made sponsored the wine and cheese party on Saturday with Machine Made wine and local cheese by the Neighbor Lady Cheese. Thank you to all of our sponsors for your support!
The Rookie amateur classes were very well attended. Exhibitors enjoyed the relaxed and fun atmosphere throughout the show.
The crowning jewel of the Northwest Emerald is the Masters Futurity. On Saturday evening, 2-year-olds made their maiden voyage with $14,000 in the pot.
The results for the 2016 Masters were:
- Open Champion – $5,175 Made To Get Paid and Kristy McCann, owned by Connie Marvik
- 2nd Place/Limited Champion – $5,150 Only One At The Bar and Patti Woods, owned by Joanne See
- 3rd place/2nd place Limited – $3,175 AbsolutelyNoticiable and Kerri DeKubber, owned by Shelly Grant
- 4th place/3rd place Limited – $500 Made to Love and Cindy McGraw
- 5th place/4th place Limited – Barry Good N Fancy and Elizabeth Wagner, owned by Diana Smalling
All-Breed Yearling Longeline Futurity
- 1st – Holy Hotness Battman and Teresa M Sullivan, owned by Erin Ricken
- 2nd/Tie – Flat Outa Line and Edward Higbee, owned by Rachel Krueger
- 2nd/Tie – No Compromisin Chrome and Rachel Burrington Burlington
- 4th – Sheza Righteous Babe and Shaundra Robinson
All-Breed Hunter Under Saddle 3- & 4-Year-Old Open Futurity
- 1st – Hoo Showdaddy and Edward Higbee, owned by Ginger Brubaker
All-Breed Western Pleasure 3-Year-Old Open Futurity
- 1st – Hawaiian Honey and Kristy L McCann, owned Cory Seebach & Candice Hall
- 2nd – Wisely Coded and May Edwards, owned by Laura A Benjamin
- 3rd – Rockstar N The House and Kip Larson, owned by Ron & Linda Coakley
- 4th – Tall Dark N Sudden and Sarah Diamond
All-Breed Western Pleasure 3-Year-Old Non-Pro Futurity
- 1st – Hawaiian Honey and Candice Hall
- 2nd – Wisely Coded and Laura A Benjamin
- 3rd – Rockstar N The House and Linda Coakley
- Walk-Trot 11-&-Under – Invita Duke and Sheridan
- Level 1 Youth Champion – Jacie Ole and Leah Anderson
- Youth 13-&-Under Champion – Gonna Getcha Hot and Chloe Conat
- Youth 14-18 Champion – So Noticed and Alyssa Hill
- Youth 14-18 Reserve – Jacie Ole and Leah Anderson
- Level 1 Amateur Champion – Red Hot Options and Lena Sailor
- Level 1 Amateur Reserve – Pass The Black Gold and Kina Tavary
- Select Champion – Invited To A Party and Doreen Earl
- Select Reserve – Slow Ridin and Connie Marvik
- Amateur Champion – Unchipped and Erin McNab
- Amateur Reserve – Red Hot Options and Lena Sailor
Fore more information on Washington State Quarter Horse Association, visit www.wsqha.com.
Planning your 2017 show season? WSQHA offers Canadian entries at par. We love to see new and returning exhibitors!
- No Silver No Sequins: March 23-26
- Trophy Circuit: May 26-29
- Region One Scholarship Show: August 10-13
- Northwest Emerald and Masters Futurity: September 7-10
Click through the slideshow below to view more photos.