Shows Cancelled, Rescheduled Due to EHV-1
AQHA shows and special events in Minnesota are cancelled and rescheduled due to an equine herpesvirus type-1 outbreak in the Upper Midwest.
April 1, 2014
American Quarter Horse Association
Several shows in Minnesota have been cancelled or rescheduled due to cases of the equine herpesvirus type-1 that have been detected in eastern Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- R&J Arena Quarter Horse Show in Verndale, Minnesota, contact Carla Blaha at 218-445-5269 or email@example.com – rescheduled from April 4-6, 2014, to April 25-27, 2014
- Central Minnesota Event in Fergus Falls, Minnesota, contact Isabel Rutherford at 218-879-0757 or firstname.lastname@example.org – cancelled for April 4-6, 2014; new dates to be determined
- TQ Spring Show in Winona, Minnesota, contact Patrice M. Thesing at 651-336-8467 or email@example.com – cancelled for April 29-20, 2014; will hold in 2015
Stay tuned to www.aqha.com/showing for updates from AQHA on events that have been cancelled or rescheduled by show and special event management.
Please use these resources regarding EHV-1 and biosecurity, brought to you by The American Quarter Horse Journal:
- Travel Safely: Good biosecurity both at home and on the road will help keep your horses healthy.
- The Facts on EHV-1: Recognize the signs of equine herpesvirus-1 and learn how to protect your horse from the risks of the virus.
To learn more about EHV-1, visit the AQHA EHV-1 Information page.