Exciting Updates for 2014 Iowa Show Circuit
Low fees, free show days, facility upgrades and free clinics make Iowa State Fairgrounds the place to be May 31 - June 7.
By Kris Moorman | April 24, 2014
Get on the trail to Iowa this summer! Exciting changes have been made by the Iowa Show Circuit based on exhibitor feedback for the 2014 event in Des Moines, Iowa. In 2013, the Iowa Show Circuit was the second largest AQHA show, and year after year, the event welcomes every type of exhibitor. The show dates are May 31 - June 7, 2014, at the Iowa State Fairgrounds.
Low Flat Fee
The show committee has worked hard to make this one of the most reasonable circuits in the country with a $265 inclusive flat fee. The $265 per stall includes unlimited entries for all eight shows in all divisions, AQHA and state affiliate fees, and absolutely no extra show fees, no grounds fee and no practice fees.
Two New Free Show Days
These two new show days are included in the $265 stall fee. Exhibitors are there over the weekend anyway, so why not let them show for free?
- Saturday, May 31 – Special Event Western Pleasure & Trail
- Sunday, June 1 – All-Novice Show
Revised Monday-Saturday Schedule
We have gone to the three-day/three-judge format for the Monday through Saturday show. All classes, including trail, will show in the Jacobson Arena. The Pavilion will be open every day for practice; trail practice equipment will be available every day in the covered outdoor arena.
After the All-Novice Show on Sunday, Team Wrangler member Kelly McDowall will present a free trail and showmanship clinic in the Jacobson Arena. Kelly is an AQHA judge and Professional Horseman.
Improved Arena Footing
All arenas are being upgraded. The Jacobson Arena will have a new 80-85 percent sand-to-soil mixture, and the Pavilion is being completely redone and the outdoor arenas are being upgraded.
We appreciate the support from sponsors to make this a great show!
- Hospitality – Nutrena, Progressive Nutrition, Sara & Patrick Heeley/Troy & Kelly Birkenholtz, The Best Martini/Malone Quarter Horses, D-Bar-D Quarter Horses/Dick & Deb Donnelly, Dawning Performance Horses
- High-point awards – Rod Patrick Bootmakers, Kelly McDowall Quarter Horses, Noble Outfitters, Cowgirl Tuff/B. Tuff Jeans, Shorty’s Caboy Hattery
- Circuit awards – Lifeline, Schneiders, Brandt Blankets, Noble Outfitters, Cinch Jeans
- Show sponsors – Lifeline, Real Time Equine, Equine Chronicle
- Product Sponsors – SmartPak, Harris Leather & Silverworks, Kelly Herd Jewelry, WAHL, Purishield, Equine Mega Omega, Tory Leather and more!
- A few of our tradeshow vendors – Good Ride, Custom Tails, Brandt Blankets, Shorty’s Caboy Hattery, The Tack Room, Calhoun Customs, Closet Space Consignment, Kathys Tails, Hinshaw Trailers and more!
The show dates are May 31 - June 7 at the Iowa State Fairgrounds; the barns open May 30 for move-in. The show schedule and the stall reservation form are available at www.IowaShowCircuit.com or contact Mary Moorman at 515-961-4925 or email@example.com.
Do you have news about your weekend show or circuit event? Contact AQHA Internet Editor Tara Matsler at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your show highlighted on AQHA.com's Showing page.