Arizona Fall Championship to Offer More
Here's a herd of reasons why the 2014 Arizona Fall Championship is the place to be September 24-28.
By Doug Huls | August 15, 2014
From September 24 to 28, the Arizona Quarter Horse Association will roll out the red carpet for the Arizona Fall Championship at Westworld in Scottsdale, Arizona. While the championship-style show has certainly been a hit in the past, show management is ratcheting it up a notch with some great changes coming for 2014.
- Champions: embroidered leather jackets will be awarded to champions in the championship round
- Second through fifth: outerwear will be presented to the top-five competitors placing second through fifth in the Level 1 (formerly Novice), youth and amateur championship rounds
- All-around champions: a pair of Rod Patrick boots, courtesy of Rod Patrick and Woods Western; Cinch/Cruel Girl jeans and shirt, sponsored by Cinch/Cruel Girl; an Atwood hat from Barbara’s Custom Hats
- Reserve all-around champions: Professional's Choice Bob Avila Collection bit or spurs
- Circuit champions (total of all six judges scores): a Web image from Shane Rux Photography, sponsored by Gabriella Salamone
Added Money Classes
- All exhibitors will be eligible for the added money in the championship rounds (the four-judge day). No extra fees or charges will be applied.
- Two- and 3-year-old hunter under saddle and western pleasure futurities
$375 All-Show Fee
- Includes and a stall and all classes your horse is eligible for, including warm-up pleasure/hunt seat classes. For the reining and ranch horse pleasure, each fee paid will also be issued two free warm-up tickets.
- Entry in special added-money classes, National Snaffle Bit Association western pleasure futurities, NSBA hunt seat futurities and the trail futurity class.
- Six AQHA shows
- AQHA drug-testing fee
Most arenas will have time-delayed videos at all times so exhibitors can watch their performances. And this is all part of the low all-show fee!
Last year drew large classes with 7,420 AQHA entries and more than 8,000 total entries for the show. The anticipated turnout for 2014 is quite substantial.
The United States Team Pattern Championships will be hosting a horsemanship challenge, featuring $1,500 to the winning team.
Scottsdale hotels are offering great rates for this event! Learn more about the show online at www.AzFallChampionship.com.
Do you have news about your weekend show or circuit event? Contact AQHA Internet Editor Tara Matsler at email@example.com to have your show highlighted on AQHA.com's Showing page.