How to Find Your AQHA Level
Learn how to enter classes at your next show with step-by-step instructions from AQHA’s Patti Carter in this video.
August 18, 2014
The American Quarter Horse Association
Classes at AQHA are divided into levels. So before you head to your next horse show, there’s one thing you’ll want to do first: Find your AQHA level. In this video, AQHA Executive Director of Shows Patti Carter walks you through the process, which is something you need only do once per show year.
In the video, Patti also explains how to
- Determine what level is right for you and for your horse
- Progress through the AQHA levels, from Rookie to Level 1, 2 and 3
- Take your eligibility print-out to the horse show and enter your next class
To determine the levels you are eligible for, go online and verify your eligibility; Patti shows you how in this video. Level eligibility applies from January 1 to December 31, and you can access the online level verification system at www.aqha.com/findyourlevel.
AQHA levels create a place for everyone to have fun while showing American Quarter Horses against peers of similar experience and achievements earned. The levels are based on both points and awards earned.
If you’re interested in learning more about how AQHA has leveled the playing field at American Quarter Horse shows, read on at www.aqha.com/leveling.
Find Your Level
Finding your AQHA level is easy. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit www.aqha.com/findyourlevel to access the online level verification system.
- Choose a division: amateur, open or youth.
- Choose: exhibitor or horse.
- Enter ID: AQHA member ID for exhibitor or registration number for horse.
- Select the current show year.
- Click “Check.”
If you suspect an error, please contact AQHA Customer Service at 806-376-4811.