Georgia Peach Saddle Series Announced
Rookie, 4-H and Level 1 exhibitors are invited to compete for saddles, plus qualify for the Georgia Quarter Horse Association Novice State Championship Show.
March 17, 2014
Rookie, 4-H and Level 1 (formerly Novice) competitors have a great reason to hit the show pen this summer. The Georgia Peach Novice/Open Show Saddle Series kicks off its first event in May at the International Horse Park in Conyers, Georgia.
The dates are,
- May 10, judged by Brad Gibby
- May 31, judged by Debra Jones-Wright
- July 26, judged by J. Benham Stewart Jr.
As the name suggests, series winners will tote home a new show saddle. Winners will be crowned for four divisions: AQHA Level 1 youth, AQHA Level 1 amateur, open and 4-H.
Daily high-point awards will be presented for eight divisions: Rookie youth, Rookie amateur, Novice youth, Novice amateur, 4-H, open, open walk-trot and small fry.
Free clinics, taught by AQHA Professional Horsemen, will be offered before each show at 6 p.m. on Friday.
By competing at one show in the Georgia Peach Saddle Series, competitors will earn a qualification to the Georgia Quarter Horse Association Novice State Championship Show, set for August 23 in Conyers.
Here’s how to qualify for the GQHA Novice State Championship Show:
- Participate in an AQHA Novice class in the May 10, May 31 or July 26 in the Georgia Novice/Open Show Saddle Series; or
- Exhibit in a Novice or Rookie class in any AQHA show in the state of Georgia prior to the GQHA Novice State Championship Show
Get your horse back into top form for show season with 10 "Spring Training" tips in the March American Quarter Horse Journal.