May American Quarter Horse Journal
Enjoy horse training advice galore in the May American Quarter Horse Journal, available in digital, mobile app and print formats.
April 30, 2014
When you’re the proud owner of an American Quarter Horse, the sky’s the limit for the wide range of events you can try. Roping, halter, cowboy mounted shooting, team penning, Versatility Ranch Horse – the list goes on and on.
The staff of The American Quarter Horse Journal aims for each issue to be as versatile as the breed it serves. With that in mind, here’s a look at the horse training articles included in the May Journal. And remember, you can read the Journal in digital, mobile app and print formats. Visit www.aqha.com/journal to explore your options.
- “A Focus on Fundamentals” showcases Jim Anderson’s world-caliber colt-starting methods.
- “Team Penning and Ranch Sorting Tips” imparts 10 secrets to success for team penners and ranch sorters.
- “Borrow a Trainer” gets you in the saddle with AQHA Professional Horseman Doug Clark, who stresses the importance of the left hand and how it can make the different between triumph and failure in tie-down roping.
- “Simplifying Separation” looks at weaning philosophies, practices and advice from Bob Moore Farms, Gardiner Quarter Horses, AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeder KT Ranch and AQHA Professional Horseman Kevin Oliver.
- “Making Cow Horses” takes you behind the scenes of Matt Koch and Chance O’Neal’s training programs as they get their 3-year-olds on track for a 2015 Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge.
- “The Weanling Gamble” serves up five factors for you to consider before you haul your weanling to a halter futurity.
- “Your First Horse Show” provides a checklist that you’ll want to keep handy before your first big show.
The Journal keeps you abreast of the latest happenings with your industry and Association. Additional features in the May Journal include:
- “How’s the Market?” sits down with representatives from four industry segments to see what the horse market is doing.
- “Where Are They Now?” catches up with seven former AQHA World Championship Show Sale horses and their new owners. Spoiler alert: These horses are helping their owners live out their dreams.
- “Journal Family: Sabrina Turner” introduces you to a hard-working high-school senior and all-around competitor from Gulfport, Mississippi.
- “The State of the Breed” breaks down the numbers and takes a look at what they mean to the American Quarter Horse industry.
- “Ride Forward” is your tour guide through the 2014 AQHA Convention, in case you missed the March event in New Orleans.
- “Versatile” rounds up the world champions and other highlights from the 2013 Zoetis AQHA Versatility Ranch Horse World Championships in Houston.
- “Fastest Guns in the West” features the 2013 John Deere AQHA Cowboy Mounted Shooting world champions.
The American Quarter Horse Journal is as versatile as the breed. A subscription to the Journal includes both print and digital, and the digital edition of the Journal features bonus content, such as video and slide shows.
Head to www.aqha.com/journal to access the digital edition as a current subscriber, download the new Journal app or become a subscriber today. And if print is more of your style, order a single print copy from 800-291-7323.