AQHA "Shows" Vision Beyond the Show Ring
The AQHA Show Council develops a mission and vision statement and AQHA members are encouraged to periodically visit www.aqha.com/showing to see the most up-to-date information concerning AQHA-approved shows.
September 8, 2014
The American Quarter Horse Association
Exciting things are happening at the American Quarter Horse Association, with some of the largest and most prestigious horse shows of the year being celebrated. Without AQHA-approved shows, the chance to qualify and compete at an AQHA world championship show or Level 1 (Novice) championship would not be available. As part of AQHA’s continuing effort to reinvent its showing model, earlier this year, the AQHA Show Council and Executive Committee established an AQHA show mission and vision statement.
“We know people love showing their American Quarter Horses and have a passion for this great breed,” said AQHA Executive Director of Shows and Judges Pete Kyle. “By creating a mission and vision statement for AQHA shows, the Show Council is able to create and uphold a high standard for the industry and let exhibitors know what to expect when they attend an AQHA show. Our goal is to create the best experience for our exhibitors no matter the country, show or size of the show. The new AQHA show mission and vision statements help give our shows purpose and direction while conveying where the Association wants to move with its showing model.”
AQHA Show Mission Statement
AQHA shows strive to promote an environment that exemplifies the American Quarter Horse in all facets of its diversity and athleticism while encouraging members of all levels and abilities to strive for improvement and excellence.
Worldwide Horse Show Vision Statement
The vision of AQHA shows on a worldwide basis is to:
- Offer a roster of classes that are judged consistently and by a set of rules that exhibitors understand
- Be a place where the accomplishments of horses and riders are enthusiastically celebrated and where advancement is nurtured
- Constantly emphasize the benefits of and ways to ensure the welfare of all animals used in competition
- Have the most innovative show organizers who guarantee the integrity of competition and safeguard the AQHA point structure
- Develop shows that have value and invite member participation at all levels
- Make all American Quarter Horses owners proud of the horses they own
The Showing section of the AQHA website includes information on shows and events, divisions, eligibility, how to find a trainer and much more. Visit www.aqha.com/showing to learn more about AQHA-approved events. Bookmark the page on all your devices and stop by often to get the most up-to-date information on American Quarter Horse shows.
To learn more about the vision and future of AQHA shows, check out this article by AQHA Executive Director of Shows and Judges Pete Kyle.