AQHA 75th Anniversary Sale at the World Show
An exceptional selection of versatile ranch horses from some of the industry’s top ranches and breeders will sell November 14 at the AQHA World Championship Show.
September 12, 2015
The American Quarter Horse Association
NOTE: Following evaluation from AQHA staff and the AQHA Executive Committee, the 75th Anniversary Sale at the AQHA World Championship Show has been canceled.
The goal for the 75th Anniversary Sale was to offer an exceptional selection of versatile ranch horses, curated from the industry’s top ranches and breeders. When the target number of consignments had not been achieved by the deadline, AQHA staff and the Executive Committee deemed it best to cancel the sale.
Many thanks are extended to the members of the World Show Sale Committee for their hard work and to consignors who not only have supported AQHA for decades as breeders and exhibitors, but who were more than willing to consign horses to the 75th Anniversary Sale.
In celebration of the American Quarter Horse Association’s 75th anniversary, the AQHA World Championship Show will host the AQHA 75th Anniversary Sale, sponsored by Markel, at 4 p.m. on November 14 in Oklahoma City.
An exceptional selection of versatile ranch horses has been curated for the sale from some of the industry’s top ranches and breeders. The consigned horses hail from:
- AQHA Legacy breeders
- Zoetis AQHA Best Remuda award-winning ranches
- AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders
“The American West and the American Quarter Horse Association was built from the backs of versatile ranch horses,” said AQHA Chief Show Officer Pete Kyle. “The AQHA 75th Anniversary Sale offers you the chance to celebrate the American Quarter Horse’s ranching roots.”
To receive a sale catalog, pre-register for the sale by calling Doug Hayes, AQHA manager of business, at 806-378-4384. Digital versions of the catalog will be available online and via the RGP app, by Robin Glenn Pedigrees.
The sale preview at on November 13 will be livestreamed on www.aqha.com/worldshow. The sale will also be livestreamed; there will be no online bidding, but over-the-phone bids will be accepted.
“You’ll find the horse of a lifetime at the AQHA 75th Anniversary Sale,” Kyle said. “Purchasing a horse at this sale is much bigger than the act of buying the horse.”
Benefits to purchasing AQHA 75th Anniversary Sale horses include:
- Experience of a Lifetime: All consignors are inviting buyers to visit and spend a day on the ranch, following purchase of the horse. This is your chance to go behind-the-scenes on the historic Four Sixes Ranch, Haythorn Land & Cattle Co. and more.
- Ranching Heritage Challenges: Many of the consigned horses are coming from AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders, meaning the horses will be eligible to win thousands of dollars by competing in Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenges.
- Bonus Program: All horses purchased through the sale will be eligible for the AQHA World Show Sale bonus program. The bonus program offers buyers the option to pay $1,000, which will make the World Show Sale-purchased horse eligible to show at one or all of the AQHA world shows (Zoetis AQHA Versatility Ranch Horse, Adequan Select, Built Ford Tough AQHYA and AQHA world championship shows) the year following the sale without having to qualify for the respective show. The $1,000 must be paid in addition to standard world show entry fees. Learn more at www.aqha.com/horsesale.
- Ranch Swag: Consignors have been encouraged to offer gift baskets to buyers with exclusive products and apparel.
Call Doug Hayes, AQHA manager of business, at 806-378-4384 to pre-register for the sale to receive a sale catalog, and stay tuned to www.aqha.com/worldshowfor more details.
AQHA News and information is a service of the American Quarter Horse Association. For more news and information, follow @AQHAnews and visit www.aqha.com/news.