Dates Set Zoetis VRH World John Deere CMS World
The deadline to qualify for the 2015 Zoetis AQHA Versatility Ranch Horse and John Deere Cowboy Mounted Shooting World Championships is December 31, 2015.
November 29, 2015
The American Quarter Horse Association
The 2015 Zoetis AQHA Versatility Ranch Horse and John Deere Cowboy Mounted Shooting World Championships is set for March 17-20 in Houston as part of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, and there’s still time to qualify for the event.
The qualifying deadline is December 31, 2015. View the points need to qualify. VRH exhibitors can also qualify by participating in three or more AQHA-approved Versatility Ranch Horse events.
At the John Deere CMS World in March 2016, the following classes will be offered:
- Rifle (Cowboy Mounted Shooting Association-approved, not AQHA-approved)
New for this year, competitors will vie to win championship titles in each of the following classes at the Zoetis VRH World:
- Youth ranch trail, amateur ranch trail, open ranch trail, cowboy ranch trail
- Youth ranch riding, amateur ranch riding, open ranch riding, cowboy ranch riding
- Youth ranch cow work, amateur ranch cow work, limited amateur ranch cow work, open ranch cow work, cowboy ranch cow work
- Youth ranch reining, amateur ranch reining, open ranch reining, cowboy ranch reining
- Youth ranch cutting, amateur ranch cutting, open ranch cutting, cowboy ranch cutting
- Youth ranch conformation, amateur ranch conformation, open ranch conformation, cowboy ranch conformation
An all-around Versatile Ranch Horse award will be presented in each division, as well. To be eligible, exhibitors must compete in at least one cattle class (ranch cow work or ranch cutting), as well as conformation, plus at least one of the additional classes (ranch riding, ranch trail or ranch reining).
“This year’s Zoetis VRH World will be especially exciting as we see exhibitors qualify in individual classes and compete to win a wider array of championship honors,” said Pete Kyle, AQHA chief show officer.
About Versatility Ranch Horse
On January 1, several rule changes were made to AQHA Versatility Ranch Horse. The rule changes aim to make VRH an easier event for new exhibitors to get started in, giving them the option to enter any number of the six VRH classes: ranch riding, ranch trail, ranch reining, ranch conformation, ranch cutting and ranch cow work. Previously, exhibitors were required to enter all six classes.
For more information on the Zoetis VRH World, visit www.aqha.com/versatility.