10 Reasons to Enter the 2016 AQHA Level 1 Championships
We lined up 10 compelling reasons why you won’t want to miss the AQHA Level 1 Championships this spring.
February 9, 2016
The American Quarter Horse Association
If you’ve been kicking around the thought of entering the 2016 AQHA Level 1 Championships, the good news is you still have time.
Entries are due:
- March 15 for the Farnam Central AQHA Level 1 Championships; the show is April 13-17 in Oklahoma City
- March 15 for the AQHA West Level 1 Championships; the show is April 20-24 in Las Vegas
- April 1 for the Nutrena East AQHA Level 1 Championships; the show is May 4-8 in Raleigh, North Carolina
In case you still need convincing, here’s why you should enter:
- There’s no qualifying this year; you need only be eligible to enter! Get the lowdown on this “no-qualifying” stuff.
- You can compete against exhibitors the same age as you. Level 1 showmanship, horsemanship, western pleasure, hunter under saddle, hunt seat equitation, trail, western riding and ranch riding are divided in 13-&-under, 14-18, amateur and Select. View the full class list.
- And compete against exhibitors with the same experience level as you. The Level 1 Championships also offer Rookie classes, sponsored by B&W Trailer Hitches, which are perfect for beginning competitors. (If you’re looking to try a new event, maybe try it in the Rookie level!)
- Take home amazing prizes from generous AQHA corporate partners and show sponsors. Get excited: The trophies are up for grabs, plus much more.
- Win money! Yes, you can enter the jackpot for your class, win big and head home with thousands of dollars in earnings.
- Add another accolade to your horse’s record. “Level 1 champion” looks mighty attractive on an AQHA record, just sayin’.
- Meet new people. Mingle over hors d'oeuvres and beverages with your fellow competitors.
- Get insider tips at free clinics. At the Ride the Pattern clinics, not only will you see the pattern performed, but an AQHA Professional Horseman will provide tips for how to ride the pattern and offer insight about what the judges will be looking for. They’re also there to answer your questions. Check out the tentative schedules for clinic times.
- Be part of the exclusive club sporting a Level 1 Championship digital exhibitor badge. Whether you’re headed to Oklahoma City, Las Vegas or Raleigh, post these digital badges on social media to tell your friends and family where you’re headed – Farnam Central, AQHA West or Nutrena East.
- Experience the thrill of competing at the championship level. It’s a feeling unlike any you can recreate at home. You’re going to have to come to Oklahoma City, Las Vegas or Raleigh to enjoy it!
So, are you convinced? When you’re ready to download an entry form, get more info about a particular show or check hotel accommodations, here are the links you need:
- Farnam Central Level 1 Championships
- AQHA West Level 1 Championships
- Nutrena East Level 1 Championships
You can also use www.aqha.com/level1championships, where we have all three shows rounded up in one handy place.