AQHA Congratulates Show Leaders
High-point standings for 2016 are finalized and the all-around high-point horses and exhibitors are named.
February 8, 2017
American Quarter Horse Association
The American Quarter Horse Association recognizes hardworking individuals and their American Quarter Horses at the end of each year through the Association’s high-point awards. With the introduction of the AQHA leveling program in 2014, the Association is able to recognize more individuals and horses for their accomplishments in the show arena.
AQHA annually recognizes the top point earners in each division of every AQHA event. Horses are recognized in the open division, while youth and amateurs competing with any one horse are recognized in their respective divisions. The divisions are further broken down into Rookie, Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3.
“An AQHA high-point award is evidence of exhibitors’ and horses’ year-long commitments to excellence in the show pen,” said Pete Kyle, AQHA chief show officer. “To win one of these awards is no easy feat. Congratulations to all on this tremendous accomplishment.”
To view the list of 2016 year-end leaders, go to the Showing section of www.aqha.com/services and click “Show Leaders List.”
In addition to the leaders in each division, AQHA also named the 2016 year-end all-around award winners:
- Markel Insurance All-Around Youth: Ellexxah Ireland Maxwell of West Mansfield, Ohio, and Zips Bossy Chip
- Farnam All-Around Amateur: Thad O’Boyle of Saint Louis, Michigan, and Aint I Sumthin
- Farnam All-Around Junior Horse: DT Elenor Shine Whiz, owned by DT Horses LLC of Bend, Oregon
- Farnam All-around Senior Horse: BFR Igniting Sparks, owned by Beechfork Ranch of Weatherford, Texas
- AQHA Leading Exhibitor: Team Wrangler member and AQHA Professional Horseman J.D. Yates of Pueblo, Colorado
Throughout the show year, The American Quarter Horse Journal tracks performance statistics mined from the AQHA database. Every month, the latest standings are tabulated and presented in the Journal, as well as online through the subscriber portal. The April 2017 Journal will feature the 2016 high-point winners, so make sure your subscription is current at www.aqha.com/subscribe.
For more information on the year-end show leaders, visit www.aqha.com/highpoint.