Breeding Resources: Live Cover and Pasture Breeding
Live Cover and Pasture Breeding
These breeding methods are the simplest when registering your foal.
- Parentage verification may not be required when using these methods.*
- A stallion breeding report must be submitted by the stallion owner.
- The registration application must be fully filled out. Please see the registration guide.
- The breeder’s certificate must be signed by the mare owner. The stallion owner may sign the breeder’s certificate or release it online.
- The owner of the dam at the time of foaling must also sign in box 6 on the application.
*Refer to rule REG102.8 to determine if parentage verification may be required.