Official Youth Art Show Rules and Guidelines
Please read the rules and guidelines for the 2017 Youth Art Show to ensure your entry is accepted.
- All participants must register by the deadline, October 20, 2017. If registration is not received, student's artwork will not be judged for the exhibit. All entries will receive a confirmation email from the museum stating the proper forms were received.
- Teachers must register students currently enrolled in their class.
- We are interested in work that captures the spirit of the American Quarter Horse and addresses the themes: Rodeos and Racing, Ranchers and Cattle Drives, and US Military Horses throughout American History. All Youth Art Show pieces should focus on the American Quarter Horse in scenery chosen from the approved historical events list.
- Students will need to answer the four short questions related to the theme of their artwork. Each short answer must be a complete paragraph and typed in Arial font size 12. All handwritten submissions or those not typed in Arial font, will be receive a score of 0.
- Students must use the provided resources to learn more about their subject. The Hall of Fame & Museum staff does not consider Wikipedia a reliable research source nor is it included in the source material.
- Artwork must be securely mounted flat on no larger than a 16" x 20” piece of flat black foam core with a minimum of a 1” border around the artwork. The 1" inch border allows the curator to hang the art without puncturing it with a nail used to display it. Please contact the Hall of Fame if the school or student cannot obtain black foam core.
- Contestants are limited to one entry each. Entries may be in a medium of the artist's choice but must be a medium presentable on good quality bond or drawing paper, or illustration board.
- Three dimensional pieces can stand no more than 1.5" off the black foam core and must be secured efficiently on board.
- Entries using photography, or graphic design as their primary medium will not be considered for this contest.
- Entries are not to be framed.
- Composition must be original. Photographs can be used as a reference and must accompany the piece for judging.
- Photographs may be used for reference, but artwork determined to have been traced, copied from an existing photograph or work of art will be disqualified. Photographs or items of reference must be scanned and/or photocopied and attached to the back of the artwork with short answers.
- Please let us know if you are having difficulty getting the pieces to the Museum.
- Top 150 chosen pieces will hang in the Museum to be viewed by the public.
- Any artwork left past the pick up date of January 31, 2018 will be disposed of by the Museum.
- Students eligible for entry must attend school in the following counties:
|Armstrong County||Briscoe County||Carson County||Castro County||Childress County|
|Collingsworth County||Dallam County||Deaf Smith County||Donley County||Gray County|
|Hall County||Hartley County||Hemphill County||Hutchinson County||Lipscomb County|
|Moore County||Ochiltree County||Oldham County||Parmer County||Potter County|
|Randall County||Roberts County||Sherman County||Swisher County|| Wheeler County