“Cowboy Etiquette” is proper range conduct when working livestock, with an emphasis on respect and safety. If you're invited to help work cattle on a ranch, it's important that you follow the cowboy code of conduct.
Some cowboy habits and standards can be relaxed, but others are written in stone. The FREE Cowboy Etiquette e-book advises:
- Never tell the cattle owner how to work cattle.
- Handle cattle slowly and quietly when possible.
- Don’t criticize a man’s horses, cattle or dog.
- Don’t give orders to the crew – this is the boss’ job.
- Arrive a little early and never late.
- And many more.
Submit the form below to download AQHA's Cowboy Etiquette FREE e-book.